urgent! 45lv parts needed!!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
sorry to put this here, but deadline is coming up.

Toyota has a 45 wagon headed to SEMA and has a few needs for a 1964

-(early) door opener handle with good body for chroming (kind that takes brass/metal back NOT rubber back)

-right side tail light body with good gasket and studs.

Toyota is going to have a historical run of LC's for the grand opening of the "FJ cruiser".

I am out, but contact Mike Bingham at Cabe Toyota to get to the right parties.
800-576-2223 ext 273

Rick, who did the resto? marv or Toyota? thought I had heard marv was doing it.

Marv would be the guy restoring it for the Toyota museum....

I didn't think the body was anywhere near being completed. Last I heard he didn't even have a body that suited him...

I did notice a Toyota dealer someplace(mid west-ish) recently bought one of the 45LV that was on Ebay........

Hmmm.....all these nice older Cruisers next to the new FJ........yup, the old 45LV's and nice 40's are not gonna be going down in price ;)

PVCruiser said:
Marv would be the guy restoring it for the Toyota museum....

I didn't think the body was anywhere near being completed. Last I heard he didn't even have a body that suited him...

rick_d said:
Toyota is going to have a historical run of LC's for the grand opening of the "FJ cruiser".

That's interesting. You can't just drop a line like that and run Rick. :D

Ironic that Toyota gets to feel the pain of searching for Unobtanium......:D

I don't feel too sorry for them. They should tool up and make a few...;)

Wow. This might actually make SEMA exciting again for me, instead of staring at the same plastic and body mods and tanned hides.

And those are just the models.

This is the LV Marv is restoring....haven't seen anymore pics of her since I was down there.

http://www.root45.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=5563
PC030117.JPG

I can probably round up all of those parts except the gasket. I will trade all of them for a couple good sets of the gaskets as soon as someone makes them :D

Was that bashed in right rear quarter how they came stock?

I don't think I've seen one without it.

My blue/white '66 must have come from down under 'cause it's bashed in rear quarter panel is on the other side.

cruiserdan said:
Ironic that Toyota gets to feel the pain of searching for Unobtanium......:D

I don't feel too sorry for them. They should tool up and make a few...;)

Here, here!!!

So rick_d is off line :frown: , Mike Bingham only knows about the parts need :frown: and Marv Specter is out on parts buying trip :cool: . So anyone know who to contact about the historical run before the grand opening of the FJ Cruiser :confused: Do I see a road trip for the east coast 25 guys? I know Mike's 25 is now trail rated :rolleyes:

John

#1, I got a 7 minute phone call from Bingham about the parts. I am not going to SEMA, I don't care about the "FJ", I have no 45 spares, and I know no details about the line up.

I did not know Specter was handling the resto until this thread.

Bingham was delivering Stout parts to another restorer (for show??).

Sorry, but I am so out of it for 45's that I can only dig up things from the back of my mind when I really think about them long and hard. I know 70 series now (I know, evil back turning convert bastige).

gist is, whoever is in control of resto needs parts in a short time. Ye who can fill said order should contact the right parties.

I have two land sales contracts to write tonight, so see you later....

I have an xtra set of the repro. tail lights but no taillight bodies. I'd be willing to sell the taillight lenses if you need them. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom