URE Work Day : Saturday Jan 20th, Cancelled. (See everyone 2/24) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fourtrax

SILVER Star
Threads
Hope to see some of you there.

Update From Terry:

Hi Everyone – Happy 2018!!!! I meant to send this email out last week but I’ve been swamped, as I know many of you are too.

We’re planning on our OHV Work Day on this Saturday, January 20th. We’ll meet at the Uwharrie Hunt Camp at 9:30 am. We’re meeting a little later this weekend because of the cold temperatures & the snow that we’re supposed to get on Wednesday & Thursday of this week.

The projects that we’ll be working on are at Art Lilley Campground/Trailhead and at the large dispersed campsites at the beginning of Falls Dam Trail just past the trailheads. We’ll be repairing several sections of the wooden guiderail fencing at the 2 trailheads. We’ll finish the installation of guardrail & signs to mark boundary of where people can disperse camp at the beginning of the Falls Dam Trail. Other crews will mark and number the trails. We’ll all be going in at the road that leads to Art Lilley so we’ll only have 1 gate open. We’ll also have anyone that is chainsaw certified bring their gear and ride the trails to clear some trees that have come down. I’ll get the draggers and other tools from our work center and from the FOU barn Friday afternoon so we’ll already have them loaded up.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS MIGHT BE CANCELLED ON FRIDAY AFTERNOON!!!! If the weather is still very bad or if we’ve gotten too much snow & ice on the trails then I will be cancelling this work day & we’ll just do this work on the February 24th work day. Also, we might have a government shut down and we will not know until Friday afternoon if Annilie & I will be able to work on Saturday. Either way I will be sending out a confirmation or cancellation email on Friday night by 5 pm.

Please let all of your members know if the work day is cancelled or not after I send out the final email. Thank you all for your continued support. I really appreciate it. Bye - Terry

upload_2018-1-16_20-22-15.png

Theresa Stevens Savery (Terry),

MS Forest Resources / Watershed Management
District Recreation Staff Supervisor

Forest Service

National Forests in North Carolina, Uwharrie National Forest

p: 910-576-6391 x102

Just got an update from the forest service, conditions are too dangerous for activities to happen tomorrow, so the work day is going to be canceled

we will reconvene on February 24th.

Eric.

Just got an update from the forest service, conditions are too dangerous for activities to happen tomorrow, so the work day is going to be canceled

we will reconvene on February 24th.

Eric.
I was looking forward to tomorrow.

@fourtrax at the Christmas Party workday there was some talk about a chainsaw certification to be able to use saws in the National Forest. Just curious if anything came from it?

I'll see what I can find out ( after the government shutdown)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom