Upgrading to 4Runner Brakes, Brake Hose Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My brakes are shot, calipers stuck and master cylinder leaking. I'm at 270k miles, so I'm figuring while I'm at it I will just replace and upgrade everything. I am ordering the brakes to match the write-up from the FAQ.

Biggest question I have is about the brake hoses. Is there a thread difference between the '95 4Runner calipers and my '87 Land Cruiser?

I was looking for new brake hoses and found these:
Land Cruiser
End 1 Fitting Type/Size: Male - M10 x 1.0
End 2 Fitting Type/Size: Female - M10 x 1.0

and

4Runner End 1 Fitting Type/Size: Female - 3/8-24
End 2 Fitting Type/Size: Female - 3/8-24

With the end fittings being different I am a bit concerned about how direct of a swap this is..

Thanks for any help/advice!

same thing as I recall in regard to the hose fittings. I end up buying aftermarket longer hoses since I have a minor lift installed.

edit...my comment was meant to refer that the 4runner caliper bolts on using the same OEM brake hose that is stock from the land cruiser. 4runner caliper bolts to stock LC brake hose.

Last edited:
I've never seen SAE fractional bolts or fittings that were OE on anything made by Toyota. They're all metric, all of the time.

Thanks guys, I had a hard time believing there would be anything SAE so I've ordered up some new hoses. I'll try to post when I get everything just to confirm in case anyone runs into this again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom