Upgrading from the old lc100 key fob to a 2018 one (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi. New here. I just bought a 99 100 series and I want to upgrade the old key fob to the super nice new 2018 land cruiser key fob. Anyone know if its possible to program the new style key to an older car?

Hi. New here. I just bought a 99 100 series and I want to upgrade the old key fob to the super nice new 2018 land cruiser key fob. Anyone know if its possible to program the new style key to an older car?

Nope, not possible

That wouldn't be an upgrade anyway. Remember the general rule: newer more complicated things are a downgrade, older simpler things are an upgrade. But 100 series key technology is probably just about right.

Many of us here are enjoying our Titanium Reinforced keys from YotaMD.

Even if it was possible to program the 200 series fob to work, how do you start your 100? They have push start buttons. The key blade on those slides out and is only used to unlock the door in case the battery dies. It would be a hassle if you have to slide the key out every time you want to start the car, then reinsert it to the fob after shutting the engine off.

That said, I use an ebay flip key and I love it. It’s cheap but works great. No need to program it since it uses the buttons from the existing key.

I bought a 99 LC with only a generic key blade programmed as the master key for the immobilizer -- no keyless entry fob for the car. I saw some posts about Luxious Auto out of Taiwan on the Facebook LC100 group. They are selling newer style flip keys with keyless entry buttons for Land Cruisers and LX470s. I purchased a pair of key fobs with key blades for about the same price as one OEM key. I uploaded photos of my key with the order. About a week, later, via DHL from Taiwan, I received both new keys with a set of programming instructions. The instructions were for programming both the immobilizer with new master keys and programming keyless entry fobs. The instructions were spot on for my 99, so now both keys work great. The key blade cutting was also great and works in both ignition and door locks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom