Upgrading brakes for more stopping power. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It is time to update the front brakes on my '19 - these are the part #'s I've found for an EBC 'Stage 9' equivalent.
Are you unhappy with the OEM brakes on your '19? Going from an '09 and then an '11 to now a '17, the 2017 brakes are great, I don't feel like I need better braking at all.

at least after chasing this problem on my 100 for years, it was the combo of SS lines, new OEM calipers and DBA pads, similar to what @CharlieS mentions.

I'll be doing the same on the 200 once the current set of pads and rotors need service.

One thing to be watchful for on the BBKs is the clearance requirements for the calipers - often requires larger wheel diameters. Not sure of the situation here on the 200 exactly, but something to do the math on.
I ended up doing the D-Line PowerBrake rotors with their pads and all new OEM calipers at 115k (2 were seize) and I cannot complain a bit. Feels tight and very grabby when you get into it. The modulation is constant and perfect for a big 200 even when trailering.

I went with the D-Lines because I am running the RockWarrior 17s and the full BBK or Powerstop kits don’t fit.

Are you unhappy with the OEM brakes on your '19? Going from an '09 and then an '11 to now a '17, the 2017 brakes are great, I don't feel like I need better braking at all.

I have a 2016 .. after a couple times using OEM brake rotor that warped due to poor materials used.. I switched to NAPA brakes which have not let me down.

I do drive a lot of mountain roads.

From my research here on Mud, I decided to go with DBA Rotors and Hawk pads - I've only towed a 5x8 utility trailer with our 5 dirt bikes thus far.
For anyone looking: Front DBA Rotors - Part # 42724S / Rear Part # 42723S
Ordered from Ken at KNS Brakes in NC - good guy to talk to and knowledgeable about anything brake related

In my opinion/use, these are a major upgrade from stock, and after about 20k miles - still rock solid, no issues and the only nit pick I'd have is the brake dust on the front wheels quickly returns after washing.

View attachment 3268569

View attachment 3268571
I've been looking into upgrading rotors & pads and this is the EXACT combo recommended by my favorite garage that installed my airbags and HD alternator.
No Limit Baltimore:
No Limit BMORE - https://www.nolimitbmore.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom