upgrade questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just came back from an 800 km trip which confirmed that my cruiser needs some performance modifications. I'm planning to upgrade the brakes and exhaust, and I have the following questions:
1- brakes:
- are the stainless steel brake lives available for the US model 80-series compatible with the JDM model?
- do the SS lines really improve brake perfomance as advertised?
- has anyone experienced DBA brakes?

2- exhaust:
I read the posts regarding the upgrade to 3-inch system. I plan to get the Aeroturbine muffler as recommended by most. Concerning the pipes, I'd like to know if someone has the exact specs of the tubes that I need to purchase (length, angle, etc.)

Thanks much for your help.

Turbo? go no muffler, for the pipes your best bet is to go to an exhaust shop that has a pipe bender and get a system made, maybe $500-600 here in the US . I can't say on a car, but with SS lines on a motorcycle there's got to be about another 15-20% stopping power.

Yes this is the turbo version.

Hi Greg. I recommend bolting on a 3" exhaust and a decent dump pipe out of the turbo. It will make the 80 so much better to drive.

Have you heard of this injection pump mod before? It's well-worth doing too IMHO! :)
1hdft_pump_adj

I found an online seller of stainless tubes and mufflers. WHat I want to know the length of tubes I will need, and also info on the angle adapters.
thanks

I run a 3" straigh pipe ( short pipe actually ) and I'm pretty happy with it .. but I need recognice it's loud !

Tapage: can you give me any details on those pipes? I need to know the length I need to buy, and also what I need for the angles (u know those curved pipes). thanks!

One more thing: anyone ever bought from MBS (Mandrel Bending Solutions)?

Tapage: can you give me any details on those pipes? I need to know the length I need to buy, and also what I need for the angles (u know those curved pipes). thanks!

I bought my pipes from Summit Racing site .. slip on .. ( much simple ) and if you see my sign on Marilu you will found few pics of my exhaust ..

Edit: I recomend ( actually waiting for it arrive to install ) a flex pipe in the way, I will put if right at the end of my 45º

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom