Updating my knowledge of 100s ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I like to be proactive and have some knowledge before-hand when something happens and still be able to get my 100 home to research a fix.
Some things that come to mind:

1- If the Ignition switch rod breaks, how to get the 100 to start?

2- If the AHC fails?

3- If you loose a cylinder - ex: Fuel Injector, Coil Pack, blow out a Spark Plug?
This one my thinking a fellow forum member helped me with: If the spark plug is loose, remove it, replace the Coil Pack to prevent debris from entering, and disconnect both the Coil Pack and Fuel Injector, and Drive it home.

4- I'm thinking of putting together a Tool Bag - certainly a 10mm wrench and ratchet and Spark Plug socket. What other common tools?

5- I know these 100s are very reliable, but what other common issues one might encounter on the road?

If you search those topics, limit it to the titles only and 100 section only, there are threads on each one of them. Long thread on the ignition cylinder, many threads on what tools to carry, and even more on "common" issues from prospective buyers. Keep in mind, it's common issues in the microcosm of Mud.

The realest pandemic in this country is everyone forgetting that "lose" is a word, the word they usually need.

I drove hundreds of miles with basically 7 spark plugs, ran like s***, but no big deal. Never had any of those other problems and have a few more miles than you. I don't carry extra tools unless I'm going on the trail for days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom