Update on the 82 w the wood on the hood: (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First sorry I’ve posted this in a couple other spots on the forum, getting used to it hope I haven’t over posted. I’ll do one here for my MT folks.

After removing wood and seeing the 16 holes and adhesive, etc... I found a local fella to work on that for me (was more than I’m equipped to handle). He ended up filling and blending. He worked hard on it and did a nice job. While I waited I did basically what I could: oil, spark plugs, diffs, man trans fluid, transfer case fluid, trans to diff by pass hose, rear seat belts from CCOT (one was broken), removed gun rack bolted to floor ( for sale if any interest), filled the six holes w quick steel, gas pedal pad (CCOT), and replace the two hood gaskets that we’re open was it while I waited. Got hood Tuesday. She’s rolling again. Got wifey up to top of Langhor last night. I do have some 033 being mixed up for the bezel. I realize the bezel is a touch tanner than the 033 roof, but’s it’s darn close, I can also use it for roof gutter touch up, and it should be close to the original color (maybe if I don’t lay it on too thick a touch of off white will remain?), let me know if you think using that on the bezel is dumb. I’d like to do my best keeping it as close to original as is practical. I will need some tires before too long, but cant swing it right now and I’d like to get rid of the goody after market Sony tape deck and pioneer speakers that attached to the inside of the roof at rear and they don’t work anyway. I will check for a radio spot cover from the cruiser shops. I found a ton of help here on mud over the past month while I obsessed over each job and potential job, thanks for that :). Also, saw a nice green 40 coming up the canyon as we exited last night. Fog lights with some diamond plating on rear. Nice to see ya! Here a few update pics:

9CB44555-EE6D-4E01-A102-53E31B075679.jpeg

EAB44AAD-E565-48D7-B509-EBD45AD3EEE8.jpeg

DB4B5BC9-991C-47E9-914E-BFBDC5347A45.jpeg

66180AF5-393A-47E6-86E9-86A14E6987BB.jpeg

B846E6DA-205E-44DB-A5CB-98209EBDED19.jpeg

Once I can get this fist sized cancer spot taken care of on the pass side rear, the body should be good for a bit. There is a bunch of diamond plating on the interior floor that I’d like to get up eventually, but it’s bent and installed well and I see no holes from underneath. That’s a job for another time. I’m dying to get the seat covers off just to see how the original seats look, but they are on really well too and functioning for the dog. Fun stuff :)

11EDCF05-95D5-449F-8837-5C6FC335323B.jpeg

0BD00FF9-88B2-47C1-B94E-C2CF204CF3D2.jpeg

613B4FFA-BCD2-4760-A1A5-54BBE3EA753F.jpeg

if you want some under seat mats, I know a guy in Helena who has some.

looks like some bracket extensions on the front of the seat mount

if you want some under seat mats, I know a guy in Helena who has some.

looks like some bracket extensions on the front of the seat mount
Interesting, that hasn’t even crossed my mind. I’ll do a quick search and try to see what you mean. If you get a pic shoot it over and I’ll check em out. Thanks puppies!

First sorry I’ve posted this in a couple other spots on the forum, getting used to it hope I haven’t over posted. I’ll do one here for my MT folks.

After removing wood and seeing the 16 holes and adhesive, etc... I found a local fella to work on that for me (was more than I’m equipped to handle). He ended up filling and blending. He worked hard on it and did a nice job. While I waited I did basically what I could: oil, spark plugs, diffs, man trans fluid, transfer case fluid, trans to diff by pass hose, rear seat belts from CCOT (one was broken), removed gun rack bolted to floor ( for sale if any interest), filled the six holes w quick steel, gas pedal pad (CCOT), and replace the two hood gaskets that we’re open was it while I waited. Got hood Tuesday. She’s rolling again. Got wifey up to top of Langhor last night. I do have some 033 being mixed up for the bezel. I realize the bezel is a touch tanner than the 033 roof, but’s it’s darn close, I can also use it for roof gutter touch up, and it should be close to the original color (maybe if I don’t lay it on too thick a touch of off white will remain?), let me know if you think using that on the bezel is dumb. I’d like to do my best keeping it as close to original as is practical. I will need some tires before too long, but cant swing it right now and I’d like to get rid of the goody after market Sony tape deck and pioneer speakers that attached to the inside of the roof at rear and they don’t work anyway. I will check for a radio spot cover from the cruiser shops. I found a ton of help here on mud over the past month while I obsessed over each job and potential job, thanks for that :). Also, saw a nice green 40 coming up the canyon as we exited last night. Fog lights with some diamond plating on rear. Nice to see ya! Here a few update pics:

View attachment 2366031

View attachment 2366032

View attachment 2366033

View attachment 2366034

View attachment 2366035
The green 40 headed up hyalite was me! Howdy!

The green 40 headed up hyalite was me! Howdy!
Heck yes Ryan. Great to see ya. What a pretty evening. Looking forward to seeing ya out there again. I did the fog lights btw. Nice job :)

Heck yes Ryan. Great to see ya. What a pretty evening. Looking forward to seeing ya out there again. I did the fog lights btw. Nice job :)
That was supposed to be *dig* the fog lights :)
Cheers!

Hey @finally totally forgot to grab your name in the Smith's parking lot yesterday but I thought it was the same truck! Hood turned out great, I didn't look too close but you can't even tell there was wood on the hood and the paint match was done well

Look forward to seeing you and the truck around!

-Johnny

Hey @finally totally forgot to grab your name in the Smith's parking lot yesterday but I thought it was the same truck! Hood turned out great, I didn't look too close but you can't even tell there was wood on the hood and the paint match was done well

-Johnny
Hey, thanks Johnny! You nailed it: look close enough and you can tell, other than that, came out as good as I could of hoped. Thanks for stopping and saying hey brother. Your Cruiser’s legit. Look forward to seeing you around and hopefully getting a ride in :)
-Mitch

Interesting, that hasn’t even crossed my mind. I’ll do a quick search and try to see what you mean. If you get a pic shoot it over and I’ll check em out. Thanks puppies!

here are some pics, I have some other cleaner ones.

DSCF3616.JPG

DSCF3617.JPG

DSCF3618.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom