Update need help Brake line routing question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
*Update: I got this blown brake line off and I think that it was routed wrong. I am ready to install the new ones but I was wondering if anyone could post a quick picture of the proper routing for the front passenger caliper to axle brake lines?

16143852764936596350375753503186.jpg

Getting ready to replace the front brake lines this weekend. I just finished reading the FSM and everything seems clear enough.

I am just looking for clarification on one thing. If I only replace the front lines and don't get air into the master cylinder, do I still need to bleed all 4 calipers, and lspv or can I get away with bleeding the fronts only?

Also just to double check, assuming I need to bleed everything the proper order is passenger rear, driver rear, passenger front, driver front, and lspv?

20210225_175811.jpg

Thanks everybody

Last edited:
Getting ready to replace the front brake lines this weekend. I just finished reading the FSM and everything seems clear enough.

I am just looking for clarification on one thing. If I only replace the front lines and don't get air into the master cylinder, do I still need to bleed all 4 calipers, and lspv or can I get away with bleeding the fronts only?

Also just to double check, assuming I need to bleed everything the proper order is passenger rear, driver rear, passenger front, driver front, and lspv?

View attachment 2597204

Thanks everybody
If it was mine, I would still bleed EVERYTHING.

RR, LSPV, LR, RF, LF, LSPV. Yes, LSPV twice. Don't forget to lift the handle (rod).

Haha yes, I just remembered I have access to a pneumatic bleeder, that should make this job a bit easier.

I am pretty sure the only reason this stainless brake line failed was due to improper routing.

Resized_20210226_173621.jpeg

20201209_130140.jpg

This is the orientation that mine were in when I replaced them. I don't know about aftermarket but the OEM lines are kind of hard to screw up because they only really fit one way.

View attachment 2609000
This is the orientation that mine were in when I replaced them. I don't know about aftermarket but the OEM lines are kind of hard to screw up because they only really fit one way.
Thanks, I finally figured out that the existing hardline was not oem lol, it was about 4 times to long. I got the correct oem line and it was very easy to figure out the routing at that point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom