Update need help Brake line routing question (1 Viewer)

leonard_nemoy

SILVER Star
*Update: I got this blown brake line off and I think that it was routed wrong. I am ready to install the new ones but I was wondering if anyone could post a quick picture of the proper routing for the front passenger caliper to axle brake lines?

16143852764936596350375753503186.jpg

Getting ready to replace the front brake lines this weekend. I just finished reading the FSM and everything seems clear enough.

I am just looking for clarification on one thing. If I only replace the front lines and don't get air into the master cylinder, do I still need to bleed all 4 calipers, and lspv or can I get away with bleeding the fronts only?

Also just to double check, assuming I need to bleed everything the proper order is passenger rear, driver rear, passenger front, driver front, and lspv?

20210225_175811.jpg

Thanks everybody

Last edited:
Getting ready to replace the front brake lines this weekend. I just finished reading the FSM and everything seems clear enough.

I am just looking for clarification on one thing. If I only replace the front lines and don't get air into the master cylinder, do I still need to bleed all 4 calipers, and lspv or can I get away with bleeding the fronts only?

Also just to double check, assuming I need to bleed everything the proper order is passenger rear, driver rear, passenger front, driver front, and lspv?

View attachment 2597204

Thanks everybody
If it was mine, I would still bleed EVERYTHING.

RR, LSPV, LR, RF, LF, LSPV. Yes, LSPV twice. Don't forget to lift the handle (rod).

20201209_130140.jpg

This is the orientation that mine were in when I replaced them. I don't know about aftermarket but the OEM lines are kind of hard to screw up because they only really fit one way.

leonard_nemoy

SILVER Star
View attachment 2609000
This is the orientation that mine were in when I replaced them. I don't know about aftermarket but the OEM lines are kind of hard to screw up because they only really fit one way.
Thanks, I finally figured out that the existing hardline was not oem lol, it was about 4 times to long. I got the correct oem line and it was very easy to figure out the routing at that point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom