Unstuck in Utah (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First, thanks for all the advice and replies to my pleads for help back in mid July. My 80 overheated near Las Vegas on my way to Salt Lake City, but a new stat and a new 93/94 radiator fixed the problem.

Thanks to cdan for getting the radiator out in a hurry. I drove from Salt Lake City to Mammoth Lakes to Los Angeles and my overheating problem is gone. I put about 1,000 miles on this drive and the gauge stayed flat the whole time.

The dealer in Utah said the fan clutch was fine, so I didn't replace it. I haven't done the fan clutch test, but I might if I feel like sticking my hand in and attempting to stop the fan.

I also watched for bubbles in the coolant as an indicator of head gasket problems, but nothing. The engine oil also looks clean -- at least by visual inspection.

Again, thanks for all the advice. I feel confident that my 93/94 radiator on my 96 will keep me cool for a long time.

Thanks for sharing you story with a Happy Ending. Its nice having a network of friends when your out on the road.

Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom