Unknown electrical/starting Issue.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Tried to start up the landcruiser this weekend and I noticed its acting CRAZY.

Let me describe the symptoms:
When I turn the key to start the whole dash begins to look like a "weaken" state. The common lights looks weak then turns bright once the engine is running. More specifically, the fuel gauge drops to E then shoots back to full. The truck eventually starts but, then when I park again it does the same thing.

Heres what is done:
New Optima Red Top G34 (I know I know) still pulling 13v
New Starter (changed out in 2018) Denso unit
New Coils (changed out 2019) all Denso units
New Plugs (changed out 2019) all Denso units

What I havent done:
I have not conducted a parasitic draw test.
I have not replaced the fuel filter or fuel pump
There is probably more that I havent done but, I dont think its related

I dont think its the following: (but, I could be wrong)
Battery: I just recently purchased it
Crank no Start issue: since I get it to start and the starter, coils, and plugs are new

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Someone told me it could be the crank position sensor but, why would that be the case? Anyways thanks in advance

What do you mean the battery is pulling 13v? A fully charged AGM battery should be right under 13v if you check it overnight, maybe that's what you meant. If you weren't having any problems before your new battery you should have it load tested, it could be bad, even if it's new.

What do you mean the battery is pulling 13v? A fully charged AGM battery should be right under 13v if you check it overnight, maybe that's what you meant. If you weren't having any problems before your new battery you should have it load tested, it could be bad, even if it's new.

Ok, I'll have it load tested. Im kind of hating Optimas right now. But, am I the only one? Yes, I checked it last night just to have a base number. Then checked it this morning same thing, under 13v. I think it was 12.8.

Change the battery. When that doesn’t work, change the alternator.

yeah I was going to suggest alternator. How's voltage across the battery with the engine running?

yeah I was going to suggest alternator. How's voltage across the battery with the engine running?
While engine on its 14.2 v.

Check that your negative terminal is nice and tight...Seriously

To further Excessive's question, do you have an aftermarket roof rack?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom