Unknown connector help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TexasLandCruiser

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
pin.it
Untangling the mess the previous owner shop made. Does anyone know if this is a factory plug either way doesn’t make sense. Most of the wires to it are dead but used a few and moved on in the fuse harness. The odd thing I can’t figure is the have 2 of the dead wires going to the LS fuse block it dead end. The 10 gauge wire drops down to a 22 or so, assuming lazy and just a signal wire. I do know the shop wired in a 02 sensor isolators toggle to pass CA emissions and would turn the 2nd set off after. What a mess. I’m embarrassed for them. Some constructive feedback would be great

C3B63D9D-A45F-4AC5-8B11-E1E726E37EDB.jpeg

A0FCBDB7-6930-48E3-8E57-12E5FB421F09.jpeg

B08FD0D5-C1F9-4541-8B0B-A0F4569CDA73.jpeg

Holy s***...
Anything pink is for sure blinker fluid.

That plug doesn't look like a factory plug.... what is that fuse block controlling?
I'm assuming it comes straight from the battery right? And then to the factory lights, ECU etc.

Are you running a ton of accessories? or what is your electrical set up like?
I'm pretty sure Toyota didn't use any pink wiring.

Do all the wires disappear into the factory loom? or can you trace them.

Holy s***...

That plug doesn't look like a factory plug.... what is that fuse block controlling?
I'm assuming it comes straight from the battery right? And then to the factory lights, ECU etc.

I’m about to trade, but it’s a gm 5.3 swap. They have that yellow non factory wire going to ecu and it drops down to half the size then goes to the new motor signal I assume until I find each end. The part I can’t figure is non factory plug yet it dead ends, but the still use wires robbed off it to double back to back of engine. So difficult to put in words. Especially show in photo. The toggles were removed and think some of this is them tapping into to split off to that toggle. Idk

Holy s***...

Second this, that looks like something aftermarket.

Gotcha, yeah I'm following.
The dropping in wire size is no bueno, no matter what I'd say.
Unused plugs is common for sure, even in a stock fj62.
Are you having any issues? Or just curious about wtf is going on?

Gotcha, yeah I'm following.
The dropping in wire size is no bueno, no matter what I'd say.
Unused plugs is common for sure, even in a stock fj62.
Are you having any issues? Or just curious about wtf is going on?
I’ve spent last 2 days cleaning up wires. Making great progress, the main reason because if it’s chopped up trimming and re rapping. Here’s so far, got rid of everything hanging and wrapped new and got rid of everything popping out of the 12v harness going to lights and power to cab

AC46DAE3-74D4-42E8-9E12-2998B00130CF.jpeg

949BEE3C-5DFD-4DE4-9B8F-CD74DD6ED326.jpeg

8453D395-5196-4C8E-88BD-0A05B883DAED.jpeg

02D64683-9D48-46CF-B1D0-11BA6E6BAA94.jpeg

0FD74D8E-6248-483F-A9D1-EF7C87DD23F4.jpeg

that's a GM body connector. I think it's for the dash. All the pink wire is GM wire

that's a GM body connector. I think it's for the dash. All the pink wire is GM wire
Thank you. Some of this coming out moves past the fuses and to engine, other end is the adapter for gm to yota rpm and a few others I knew the big yellow with spiral orange goes to the ecu but they were using the host harness to jump on up the the back of the engine. I’m starting to think the gm plug came with the Erod and they just used part of it and shade treed the rest and left hanging. These are the same guys that left the old 12v to i6 hanging down out of sight bouncing off frame with burn marks all over the frame. Yeah I’ve spent a lot of money on weird electronics issues when I found this. As soon as I secured it all the problems went away

All jokes aside none of this is from an erod package that big connector with all the pink wires is factory gm like Matt said the small connector with the purple is factory gm also with the way the wiring looks there is no telling what you got going on. If that came to my shop we would be getting a new aftermarket wiring harness and do it over would be way ahead with time amd frustration and no gremlins

All jokes aside none of this is from an erod package that big connector with all the pink wires is factory gm like Matt said the small connector with the purple is factory gm also with the way the wiring looks there is no telling what you got going on. If that came to my shop we would be getting a new aftermarket wiring harness and do it over would be way ahead with time amd frustration and no gremlins
What I haven’t posted is I had a prepurchase done and mechanic signature and have had to fix about $20k in mechanical and issues they lied about, falsified records. I have all the receipts for this, 3 ASE Toyota classic mechanics that have signed statements about the extent of damage, I have an excel sheet completed by the shop and gm signed it. I’ve spoken to 2 lawyers and 10 that won’t call back. I’m beside myself. I can see a few $k in unforeseen items but butchered harness to trick California emissions, almost caught on fire from exposed wire, broken down stuck in the Arizona desert bringing it home, stranded for days. I want a lawyer to ram this home but feel I’d get more satisfaction from reporting all the falsified and illegal bs to the state.

What I haven’t posted is I had a prepurchase done and mechanic signature and have had to fix about $20k in mechanical and issues they lied about, falsified records. I have all the receipts for this, 3 ASE Toyota classic mechanics that have signed statements about the extent of damage, I have an excel sheet completed by the shop and gm signed it. I’ve spoken to 2 lawyers and 10 that won’t call back. I’m beside myself. I can see a few $k in unforeseen items but butchered harness to trick California emissions, almost caught on fire from exposed wire, broken down stuck in the Arizona desert bringing it home, stranded for days. I want a lawyer to ram this home but feel I’d get more satisfaction from reporting all the falsified and illegal bs to the state.
Maybe start a whole nother thread about that ....

Maybe start a whole nother thread about that ....
Somethings like cars and crooks?

Edit:
My apologies homie, yesterday was rough and took to the airwaves. I should have stuck to the subject and no vented. Today is better.

Neil

Last edited:
My connector is long gone, I chase everything and cut 50% of dead stuff. If this is your version of my experience I feel ya.

just some satire to make you feel NOT so over whelmed :)

you can get thu this

do u have a OEM FSM wire diagrams

NOT a HAYNES manual but the real toyota deal >?

there is a FJ62 EXPERT here onm MUD @cruisermatt

him and i are working on this section now

i am sourcing all new oem connectors from japan

- the large blue 3 wire round plug male and the small white thin round male one 3 bays with only 2 wires goes to your neutral safety switch

if he chimes in pick his brain , he is a wiz kid type

good luck
matt

1627989904493.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom