Unique FJ40 Door part needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1973Guppie

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.noahsarkstlc.com
I am looking for one more of these door parts for a 73 FJ40. This is the metal curved rod, nuts and rubber bushing assembly that catches the hard door and keeps it from hitting the FJ40 fender. A pic of the piece can be seen at the sig line below, under parts needed folder. Any help is appreciated!

Gee, one sold on eBay last month for over $200... too bad you missed it. ::)

You could probably heat up a bolt, smooth it out and bend it to fit. I've got a different problem, I have the curved bolts, but the mounts on the door have pulled out...

I too have lost one of the mounts on my passenger side hard door. I am planning on fabbing something up, maybe a couple washers cut in half and welded onto a small plate, then weld the plate onto the hard door.

Noah

I made mine, without a pattern, then got one in a box of parts and they were surprisingly similar. I welded some allthread onto some 3/8 rod so I could adjust them and used a washer and a piece of heater hose as the rubber cushion.
Welded a piece of 3/16 flat stock on the door end and drilled it for a 1/4" clevis pin. With the pattern, I could make one almost factory. Hit me direct if you need help.
Otherwise, you might try Vic at viccin@centurytel.net
I've bought a lot of stuff from him and it is always fair and reasonable.
Good Luck
Ed Long :)

Wholly sheep s*** guys...$177.50 for a pair of door stops.....I really can't believe the length and stupidity of some of the crap that happens on ebay. Truely some first class morons would pay that much for them. I think I could have them made up of titanium...hell un-obtainium for a fraction of that price. I needed one for my drivers side...I think I paid @ $5.00 for it from a nice gentlemen out in the Seatac area. I'll be headed out that way a time or two this summer, if anybody needs some let me know and I'll see if he has some more he is willing to part with.

T-
What do the restaurants print next to the lobster? market price?..........I bet you wouldn't mind being the seller on that one. I agree the price is sky high, but you should grab a copy of Hemmings Motor News sometime. Go to the N.O.S. parts sections and get an eyefull there. Stuff like Challenger tail light lenses for 500 bucks and so-on....... :eek:

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom