UC chat (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great meeting you guys. Sorry I didn’t take more pics 😞

D2FEC247-E1C1-4AED-AACC-24833FD1D8B1.jpeg
EE07915D-F749-4325-BC36-C8421CEBE695.jpeg
7A0160A8-5779-4DD1-94E7-7F6F7DA08FD4.jpeg

Marshall you look like you have lost some weight!

Hey there,
I'm new to posting but i've been using this forum for the last year which has paid dividends to say the least. Through my digging this morning I stumbled across Upstate Cruisers and eventually found myself on TrollHoles Cruisers webpage. Long story short, I like to turn wrenches when it comes to my vehicles and I rarely trust people to do work for me but seeing as the LC200 is no 01' Tacoma, I am looking for a stand-up shop that specializes in Toyotas and Land Cruisers more specifically, to entrust with lifting my 2008 LC. It would appear that you all are the closest such shop to me being in Charlotte, plus you all are not very far away from the in-laws in Seneca/Fairplay area. While I can literally spit on the front door of 4WheelParts from my house here in town, I would probably pass on the lift all together if my only choice was giving 4WheelParts any more of my business. And even though i'm capable of replacing struts and springs on most any vehicle, this modification on such a heavy vehicle is not one I would like to take on using floor jacks and such on the garage floor.

At this point i'm sure the easiest thing to do is to pick up the phone and call someone but I figured I would go this route first to see what kind of thoughts, impressions etc. anyone reading can provide. I appreciate your help!

Hey there,
I'm new to posting but i've been using this forum for the last year which has paid dividends to say the least. Through my digging this morning I stumbled across Upstate Cruisers and eventually found myself on TrollHoles Cruisers webpage. Long story short, I like to turn wrenches when it comes to my vehicles and I rarely trust people to do work for me but seeing as the LC200 is no 01' Tacoma, I am looking for a stand-up shop that specializes in Toyotas and Land Cruisers more specifically, to entrust with lifting my 2008 LC. It would appear that you all are the closest such shop to me being in Charlotte, plus you all are not very far away from the in-laws in Seneca/Fairplay area. While I can literally spit on the front door of 4WheelParts from my house here in town, I would probably pass on the lift all together if my only choice was giving 4WheelParts any more of my business. And even though i'm capable of replacing struts and springs on most any vehicle, this modification on such a heavy vehicle is not one I would like to take on using floor jacks and such on the garage floor.

At this point i'm sure the easiest thing to do is to pick up the phone and call someone but I figured I would go this route first to see what kind of thoughts, impressions etc. anyone reading can provide. I appreciate your help!
The Trollhole crew is at GSMTR this week so may be delayed getting back to you. Good selection on a shop to do the work though.

Which of the local dealers do you guys trust for repair / warranty work? Gotta take the Sienna in for airbag and door work. I always do my own work, so this is new for me.

Which of the local dealers do you guys trust for repair / warranty work? Gotta take the Sienna in for airbag and door work. I always do my own work, so this is new for me.
I have no dealership experience other than these two pieces of input:
1) Dave Edwards in Spartanburg is using non-toyota crush washers, or farming it out to a nearby grease monkey to do an oil change.
2) Toyota of Greenville is now a club sponsor and just today confirmed they will do $10 off maintenance or 15% off parts/labor. Let them know you are Upstate Cruisers and ask. Rob Moore is the Service Director if the person you are speaking with doesn't know about it yet.

Be careful of Toyota of Greenville if they work on your cooling system. I had to beg them to sell me red coolant at their parts department. They told me they put pink in whatever vehicle comes and that I was wrong in buying the red for my 80. I told them they were going to cause someone problems by doing that and the kid just blew it off.

Hey there,

I work for Marshall at Trollhole's and we've done several 200 lifts from mild to wild. We've worked on older land cruisers belonging to the employees, owners, and family of the local Toyota dealerships. Your cruiser will be in good hands. My 80 on the other hand suffered some damage at GSMTR this weekend.

Thanks for the feedback, I wasn't sure if the shop specialized in 80 series and kept to that niche only. Seems like the balls in my court to give these guys a ring and get the process rolling.

We are probably one of the first ones to start installing Tundra lifts on 200's as well standard lifts.

W

Yeea, those are pretty darn sweet. Never thought about using Tundra lifts. Don't see the front end being much different running the same engine.

Saw this at a yard sale today. Supposed to be a f150.

20190525_171045.jpg

Aaron has been begging me to sleep in the RTT for months. Has rained every night I have been off until tonight. Hopefully it cools down some more tonight. Will be putting a fan inside with us.

20190526_190038.jpg

Lol he didn't make it 30 minutes in the tent.and was ready to.go inside.

Anyone want a box of 60 parts? Original carb, replacement headlight, hoses, gaskets, random stuff.

Anyone want a box of 60 parts? Original carb, replacement headlight, hoses, gaskets, random stuff.
Sure, thanks. Where are you?
I am in Greer, near the airport

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom