Registry U.S. 70's Registration. (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

0FCA2A77-5BD9-462F-8EF3-C570D20C280B.jpeg

1993 FZJ70
1FZ-F
5 speed manual
Roswell, GA

Cool front bumper. 👍
Finally back from the shop. Ton of work but it seems to be running great so far. Bumper came in earlier than expected before the holidays. Heading to Caffeine & Octane on Sunday. Hope to see some other 70s there.

Finally back from the shop. Ton of work but it seems to be running great so far. Bumper came in earlier than expected before the holidays. Heading to Caffeine & Octane on Sunday. Hope to see some other 70s there.
Feel free to post some photos in the Red Hill‘s club section.

I’m happy to PM you more info and pics tomorrow If you like.

👍

Fascinating. Supposedly front coil springs and 5 lug hubs didn't show up until 1999.

Hello,

It is possible that someone swapped the drive train from a later model 70 Series into this example.

Chances are this truck has an H151F transmission, which is great.

Juan

This one came from Venezuela. I believe that’s the way they were assembled there... 80 series-like front end and Dana 60 rear end. Or so I’m told.

Hi, here's my recently purchased 1992 BJ73, Spanish version, with the much maligned VM 2.5 TD engine. Has 238.4 km, but paperwork shows the motor was rebuilt approximately 53 km ago, so I'm hoping it'll last! This is my first diesel vehicle so I've got some learning to do. Seems to run good with the exception of what sounds like an injector knock. I plan to take the injectors apart and clean them and, hopefully, that's the cause of the knock since parts for this motor seem to be very hard to find. The body and frame are very clean with no rust.

1992 BJ73b.png

I realize this has been tried before but with the increasing number of 70 Series in the U.S., I thought I would give it another shot. If you live in the U.S. ( nothing personal Canada ) and own a 70 Series can you post the type and state in which you reside. Feel free to post a photo. Hopefully we can get an accurate count as to how many have been imported.
Thanks.......
I have an HZJ70 and I live in Washington.

239F6DD2-DC96-49ED-BD7B-3A64C11A2EDE.jpeg

6D8CE248-4408-4A34-A3B3-E5701FF69BB5.jpeg

Hey guys
1992 HZJ77, M/T, RHD, Japan import
228xxx kms, 3” Dobinson lift, 33x11.50 falken.

Plans:
Address mechanical unknowns. Fluids etc.
Defo need a new clutch and batteries.

On the Eastern Shore of Virginia.

Cheers Boys.

View attachment 2963746
P.M. sent

Spanish speaking HJ75 (1988) imported from Nicaragua 4 years ago. Was registered in SD (CA will not take it!) and now it has AZ plates. It's a frame off and full expedition build with almost daily progress. Major frame mods. 2H is being replaced with a 1HDT intercooler/H151/HF2A with part time and OD. 80 series cruise control and suspension swapped from a 79 series frame (front coil and rear FF axle). Build inside will be similar to our 80 series but also an AluCab Hercules, Espar hydronic heater for space and water, diesel cook top and more.

current state (body parts are at the body shop for full restoration).

IMG_7682.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom