Registry U.S. 70's Registration. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It would be a lot more convenient for me if you could do it Colorado. ;)
Sorry about that. They do have a "western version" that might interest you.

Black Cruiser -- 1993 KZJ70
Blue Cruiser -- 1999 FZJ105
Gray Cruiser -- 1986 BJ74
White Cruiser -- 1988 BJ73
Red Cruiser -- 1987 BJ75
(The Red BJ42 used to be mine but was traded away.)

Hey Robocop [ @dieseldog ], your links are broken and your post inaccurate. :flipoff2: :grinpimp:

Last edited:
I posted this for Sd1975

1991 LJ78 Land Cruiser Prado
IH8MUD Handle: Sd1975
Locarion of vehicle: Currently TX, picking up Saturday
Country of Origin: Japan
Mileage: 224k km
Mod's: None that I know of yet other than new tires/wheels and new paint
How truck will be used: Possibly daily driver, for sure on camping trips and mild 4 wheeling
Future Plans: Immediate plans are to add Pyrometer to monitor EGT's, switch to waterless coolant, snorkel and better flowing exhaust. After that I'd like to add rear locker, just having a hard time finding someone that makes an electronic or air locker for this model
As I said, will pick it up in a couple days and am excited to be a part of the group. Cruiser seems to have been very well maintained and I'm excited to start getting to work on learning as much as I can about the platform. Been a lifetime dream to have one of these, just dont know that much about them.....yet
image.jpeg

I posted this for Sd1975

1991 LJ78 Land Cruiser Prado
IH8MUD Handle: Sd1975
Locarion of vehicle: Currently TX, picking up Saturday
Country of Origin: Japan
Mileage: 224k km
Mod's: None that I know of yet other than new tires/wheels and new paint
How truck will be used: Possibly daily driver, for sure on camping trips and mild 4 wheeling
Future Plans: Immediate plans are to add Pyrometer to monitor EGT's, switch to waterless coolant, snorkel and better flowing exhaust. After that I'd like to add rear locker, just having a hard time finding someone that makes an electronic or air locker for this model
As I said, will pick it up in a couple days and am excited to be a part of the group. Cruiser seems to have been very well maintained and I'm excited to start getting to work on learning as much as I can about the platform. Been a lifetime dream to have one of these, just dont know that much about them.....yetView attachment 1898772

Nice looking rig!
What waterless coolant are you planning on using - I might be doing the same.

1988 Land Cruiser BJ74
Username - LandoRV
Purchased in VA, soon to be in SF, CA
Country of Origin - Japan
260km
Stock. Sony head unit, window tint.
Purpose - Daily, Camping
Future plans - clean overland build. Bumper, winch, suspension, tires, fridge.

Interesting. I do not reacll ever seeing a JDM BJ74 with a black grille. Also the turbo emblem is missing.

@cruiserdan
Interesting. I do not reacll ever seeing a JDM BJ74 with a black grille. Also the turbo emblem is missing.

The previous owner painted over
all the chrome with a black bed liner paint. Looks like I’ll have to find a turbo emblem! :)

Last edited:
1991 Land Cruiser Prado 4 Door (LJ78G) 2LTE Auto 4x4
Username - YATYAS44
Purchased in Okinawa, Imported by the good old US Marine Corps!
190000km
Stock. (Save a 3L head swap, EGR Removed, Corssover tube replaced, new Radio installed.)
Purpose - Daily Driver
Future plans - 3L Conversion (Keeping LTE stuff), Suspension work, Front and Rear Bumpers, Intercooler, Resistor Mod, Seat heaters, etc...

No pics available at this time...will work that angle soon.

1991 Land Cruiser Prado 4 Door (LJ78G) 2LTE Auto 4x4
Username - YATYAS44
Purchased in Okinawa, Imported by the good old US Marine Corps!
190000km
Stock. (Save a 3L head swap, EGR Removed, Corssover tube replaced, new Radio installed.)
Purpose - Daily Driver
Future plans - 3L Conversion (Keeping LTE stuff), Suspension work, Front and Rear Bumpers, Intercooler, Resistor Mod, Seat heaters, etc...

No pics available at this time...will work that angle soon.

Congrats; looking forward to pictures!

Why put the turbo gear on a 3L engine; does your 2LTE bottom end have issues? The 3L has weak cast pistons and a higher compression ratio. The turbo bottom end is much stronger: 2LTE pistons are forged, have ceramic fiber reinforced ring lands and a oil cooling passage around the whole piston crown (I've got a set on a shelf). If you want more power, the limit is the injection pump/turbo, not another 400cc displacement.... Also, by going 3L, you have to scrap the computer, which means you'll have to figure out how to control your electronic transmission without it (I've only heard of one or two people actually making this work right) You're better off investing in an intercooler/exhaust/gauge set and tuning that baby up. Lots of power to be found on these around 16-19psi. Just my two cents anyhow....

1993 Land Cruiser HZJ75RP
Username - WyattLV
Origin - Australia
Odometer - 130,141 km
Mods - Fresh water tank, Pioneer tape deck and 6 disc changer, Sawtron UHF Radio, window tint
Purpose - Camping, exploring
Future Plans - ARB bumper & side rails, Warn winch, canvas canopy, 12V cooler, KO2s on Toyota steel wheels (non-split type). Remove CB Radio (doesn't work in the US) and replace with handheld, remove window tint, remove Pioneer tape deck and 6 disc changer and replace with double din Carplay radio with navigation.

IMG_2187 by W_burden, on Flickr
IMG_2188 by W_burden, on Flickr
Eng 1 by W_burden, on Flickr
Int 2 by W_burden, on Flickr

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom