tyota winch? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
this guy i know of has a cj or yjsomething and he runs a sbc with toyota trans and axles. He also has a winch that is actuated by the tranny. anyone ever seen this or know if it really is toyota and if it is, where to get em.

If you mean a PTO winch (power take off), it works off the transfer case. They were original equipment, and you get them whereever you can find them! (they are prized!).

Yes. With some variations for the different models, mostly in the driveshaft.

if i found one , would my tranny have the hardware to run it? I have an auto3fe? how bout any other landcruiser, compatible? or does this winch come with a special tranny.

toyota winch?

[quote author=cruiserka link=board=1;threadid=7614;start=msg63860#msg63860 date=1069017799]
if i found one , would my tranny have the hardware to run it? I have an auto3fe? how bout any other landcruiser, compatible? or does this winch come with a special tranny.
[/quote]

Most likely not.. (OK more like 99.9% not)...

The PTO gearbox bolts on to the sidecover of your transfer case, has either a single driveshaft flange pointing towards the front or one towards the front and one towards the rear. I'm not sure a the auto's ever had a PTO winch, more like the Toyota electric winch (rebadged Warn)...

The PTO gearboxes are t/c specific, there are several types for the split case and the same one for all the older one-piece 3&4 speed cases... the just use a different PTO gear in the t/c (10spl & 16 spl.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom