twin turbo? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's supposed to be offered for the new 200 series....probably not stateside though. 4.7L 2xturbo is all I have heard.

anyone have any specs on this rumored twin turbo V8? is it going to be toyota made?

You know the twin turbo is a diesel, right? That means we will probably never see it stateside.

V8 twin turbo Diesel

1VT-FTV 4,7l
1VD-FTV.JPG

The above must be an entry level engine or possibly one for a pure utility vehicle. That power and torque output is uncompetitive in todays market. It is expected that 3.0 six cylinder diesel engines today will well exceed 200hp and 500Nm of torque. The 430Nm quoted above for the 4.5litre V8 is frankly laughable in comparison to my Audi let alone the BMW 3.0 which is 272bhp and 560Nm of torque peaking at 2000-2250rpm
Toyota had better have a more impressive engine than this up their sleeve or they will be a laughing stock. Just having a V8 diesel is not good enough or, in the words of the immortal Shania Twain, "that don't impress me much". I would certainly expect the Toyota to exceed 200kW (268 hp) and, 650Nm (479 ft-lbs.) of torque which is about the same as the CGI block V8 used by Range Rover at 272 bhp/PS (200 kW),
Maximum torque is 640 Nm (472 lb ft) but the Range Rover manages this from just 3.6 litres delivering remarkable refinement and economy. Toyota's offering has a lot to live up to.
http://jalopnik.com/cars/news/a-look-at-land-rovers-new-diesel-engines-127534.php

Last edited:
The above must be an entry level engine or possibly one for a pure utility vehicle.

Yes it is in the pure utility 70 series. It's been detuned to almost exactly the same level as the previous 4.2 TD 6cyl.
If toyota opened up that engine in the 70 series landcruisers, they'd be killing people left right and centre.

Expect the unchained version to arrive in the 200 series cruiser.

he's from the UK, give em a break, theyre a little lighter on their toes over there...;)

Christ, if he's from the UK he needs to be quoting someone like Noel or Liam Gallagher! Not that Canadian c**t !! I like the British, and especially their hatred towards the french ...

:cheers:

Last edited:
Christ, if he's from the UK he needs to be quoting someone like Noel or Liam Gallagher! Not that Canadian c**t !! I like the British, and especially their hatred towards the french ...

:cheers:

hmmm..........me from where?

I'll tell you all you need to know ;) including where she makes her money and where she keeps her money ;) and who shes married to.

Typical americans have dain bramage!!!!

EPA on that POS Lx570 13-17.........c/d

so that means 4mpg trail riding and offroading
Jeez bro, why don't you go hump a tree while your at it. I dunno how the hell you came up with 4mpg either. I drove a 100 VX-R Limited series through the rugged hills of Yemen loaded with 6 passengers, ~400lbs of cargo on the roofrack and dual spare tires all with a V8 and airconditioned never upshifting higher than 3rd gear (5spd M/T) both 4hi and 4low, center diff locked and rear diff used occasionally and still averaged way better mileage (7.2 6hr drive to and from the village average of 15-16miles and then city driven stop and go bumper to bumper traffic) then what you came up with. EPA rated the 100series far worse.

And don't tell me the roof rack can't carry 400lbs cuz it wasn't that lame plastic one either. It was the optional aluminum (?) accessory offered by Toyota of Yemen (AMTC).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom