Tuttle? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

Just a quick question about Tuttle this year:

I wasn't in the club last year, so not sure how Tuttle works. Will we need to register for that weekend, or are we just going up and paying the camping, wheeling fees to the park?

Thanks!

Mike

in prior years, what we found is that we are out of season, so there are no reservations at the campground.

We try to get up there early and set up tents and park cars on several sites to get the prime places reserved. You pay into a drop box and put a sticker on your car kind of deal.

No wheeling fees at the ORVP.

We are taking kids out of school on Friday and leaving early AM.

I and or we are heading out Friday afternoon or evening.

Food is on your own, except for Sat night we usually have leftover BBQ from SMORR, more to follow on that later. Not much in the way of food close by, have to drive all the way into Manhattan for a restaurant.

where do we want to camp this year, in the loop on the west side or on the hill on the other side of the bridge?

I liked the loop, but am open to anything.

Sammy and I were just talking. Did I remember that there was electrics there for your bus?

Heck, I know that answer, yes there were -- because Josh and I followed Amanda's great idea of having electric heating blankets at night!!

Mom and I are heading out Friday as well, How early you planing Kelly?

I figure leaving between 8 and 9 depending on weather. Would love to wheel some on Friday, and recall that sun sets about 6 then, so hope to be there by 1pm or so.

If people want to send me with extra tents, we can set them up to reserve some extra camp spaces again.

I figure leaving between 8 and 9 depending on weather. Would love to wheel some on Friday, and recall that sun sets about 6 then, so hope to be there by 1pm or so.

If people want to send me with extra tents, we can set them up to reserve some extra camp spaces again.

? as I recall Its only a 2-2:30 drive

I should know in the next day or two if we can make it. My wife had a Branson weekend planned, but hasn't heard back from our friends with the condo. If that doesn't shake out, we'll be at Tuttle. From the sounds of it, it'll be my whole family for at least some portion of it.

1pm on trails after set up camp.

As long as I get everything done we or I should be there on Friday night. It's about 4.5 hours for me.

Where is tuttle at. It sounds clise to fort riley. Whst kind of wheeling is it.

It's next to Tuttle Creek Lake just North of Manhattan KS. This will be my first time wheeling there but from what I have heard it has a little bit of everything.

Look up Tuttle Creek ORV, or Fancy Creek SP. It's north of Manhattan, KS.

It's public land, so at first you get lost in the maze of unmarked trails. It's fun, rocky and hilly. There's dirt and mud in the low areas.

I'll be out there solo. Not sure what time I'll leave yet on Friday.

New motor mounts are in at Molle for me, so that has to happen. It would be nice to squeeze in a slider build, but that's less likely.

Should be fun!

From our trip out there last June:
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1412348297.064429.jpg

weekend before Halloween. It is on the TAC calendar on the website.

Wife and I are having friends over Friday night. I should be heading that way early Saturday AM. I’ll send updates when I leave, where I’m at, along the way. I plan to stay Saturday night and head back Sunday. No wife or kids on this trip. She is worried that it will be too cold for the wee ones and, "are you f'n crazy?" was her response.
Only thing that could change that plan is how well my truck pulls the 4Runner on the trailer. Need to get the brakes looked at. I have issues in the wiring on the trailer.

I'm going to try but have a long list before I would feel comfortable. With driving out wheeling and driving back. The challenge is intriguing. I would hate to trailer it out and not need it but then kick myself hard if I needed it.

Just had a huge diesel leak 350 miles into this so you never know what can happen working out the kinks.

I foresee a few late night to make this work

I think we'll come up Saturday morning. I hope nobody is offended if my friend and his son show up in a Range Rover.
I think they will be ok. I wheeled my Samurai for about 5 years before I picked up my 4Runner

DSC_0222.jpg

DSC_0296.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom