Tuttle? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I haven't been back to Tuttle for some time the engine has though in a previous life
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1412630273.772620.jpg

I think I'll I've a completely different experience. I Will have to stick with the bypasses... For a shack down run. I have in listed a passenger/wrench hander. If I go I'm driving.

Tuttle road trip or bust.

I haven't been back to Tuttle for some time the engine has though in a previous life
View attachment 950413
I think I'll I've a completely different experience. I Will have to stick with the bypasses... For a shack down run. I have in listed a passenger/wrench hander. If I go I'm driving.

Tuttle road trip or bust.

Nice!

Since we have never been to this park where is everyone camping at? Are there showers/bathrooms? Stacy wanted to know. I looked at the website looks like fancy creek state park is where we camp? I'm assuming that is where we would meet up with everyone....

Last edited:
Yes, but I am thinking that showers were turned off last year, but bathrooms were accessible.

Sam, it's not SMORR caliber. They aren't the worst camp facilities, but they are just a glorified outhouse. Not trying to discourage Stacy, love to have your whole gang join us again. Just want to make sure she's aware what she's getting into. Showers are out, it'll be too cold to shower in an unheated building. When I get to a computer I'll post up where we can in a Google earth image.

10-4. I shall prepare her accordingly.

Also Dwayne is coming either bringing his 40 or coming along with me. He was going to send his tac application in to Peggy. Not sure if he did or not. Trying to get nick to come out and Jeff. He is a Fj guy here from Columbia.

Also Dwayne is coming either bringing his 40 or coming along with me. He was going to send his tac application in to Peggy. Not sure if he did or not. Trying to get nick to come out and Jeff. He is a Fj guy here from Columbia.

Tuttle is a campground that I would probably only bring one kid with me (out of 3 and the wife) if it were a wheeling trip like this. Which is why I'll be solo that trip.

The showers in the summer are really nice - being halfway outside and all.

Sammy, get Nick out there!

Both my family and Kelly's family are planning on being there.

Lat/Long and UTM of campground:
39°26'25.1"N 96°44'17.9"W
39.440291, -96.738306

Lat/Long and UTM of ORV Park:
39°24'35.3"N 96°44'20.3"W
39.409802, -96.738961

Attached is an aerial of the campground, zoomed out top left, zoomed in bottom right. Shows campground in relation to facilities. It's really not a bad campground, just definitely not SMORR.

Tuttle Map.jpg

Rob and I prefer where we last year as it is sheltered from the wind and has electricity. Since it is a cul-de-sac it is easier to all be together. Also, we will have left over food from SMORR for Sat. night. Will have to figure out if there is enough when we are closer to the date. If we place this year in the Chili Challenge we might bring chili also. Keep saying we will bring award winning chili, but so far no award. We cn figure out if others need to help with Sat. dinner later.

I'm going to have to back out. Sorry. Keep the greasy side down (Rob, Eric).

Anyone coming out Friday evening that might have room for Leslie to catch a ride? She teaches in Smithville till 3 and can meet on the west side city after that.

Anyone coming out Friday evening that might have room for Leslie to catch a ride? She teaches in Smithville till 3 and can meet on the west side city after that.

We're leaving Independence at 4, so we can meet her on west side of town around 4:30 if she doesn't mind riding in a car with my two hell raisers.

I'm planing on heading out around 4-5. Starting out up near the airport if that makes any difference.

I might be an option too. Not sure yet if I'm coming solo or not which could impact my departure time.

Thanks for the offers guys. Looks like I will probably have to work Friday morning anyway so I will postpone departure till Leslie is ready. Impromptu convoy or anyone want to set a meeting place?

I've been trying to make this work as the kids are off THU and FRI from school, but I am still sanding/painting fascia board and fixing wood rot for new gutters on the house, and haven't had time to work on the 4Runner :( Maybe we can pull this all together . . . . lot to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom