Turn Signal Switch Box

Visit site
I've been searching for a turn signal switch box for my 72/FJ40. Any ideas? Dealer doesn't carry them nor does anyone else? What to do... what to do.

That's why I turn my questions over to the ever wise bunch of this website!

Thanks.

Xpnsv72fj

SILVER Star
Visit site
If you need the switch that mounts on the column you can still buy it from the dealer. I just bought one the other day. If you need the relay that mounts under the dash I might have an extra one.

Visit site
If you need the switch that mounts on the column you can still buy it from the dealer. I just bought one the other day. If you need the relay that mounts under the dash I might have an extra one.
I need this part. Mounts low on the column....I have the signal arm that runs up the length of the column.

0BE933B7-A737-4F70-AC1B-36E7D4332ECB.jpeg

37F004E7-9BF4-4CB6-9896-509CFD548ADD.jpeg

IMG_2851.jpeg

Visit site
I have successfully replaced my switch...but my left signal still doesn't work. Anyone know if there is an aftermarket relay I can try? I can not seem to locate an original, and would hat to spend hundreds when I can spend 10's.

Coolerman

SILVER Star
Website
www.globalsoftware-inc.com
It is not the flasher if the right one works...
Pull your Hazards on... Do all 4 lights work? If yes then you can rule out bad grounds, bad bulbs, bad fuses...
If the left still does not work when you turn on the Hazards then it's probably a bad ground: ie the light housing is not making good contact with the metal body.
FYI it could still be the switch. Those switches have to be positioned just right on the column or you will not be able to get the lever to go all the way left or right. Test this first by removing the switch from the housing and trying it full left and full right. If it works, you know you need to play around with the position on the column.

Last would be to make sure all the bulbs in all the lights are what they are supposed to be. If you have one that is not pulling the right amount of current THAT can cause the flasher to not work as it is a current driven device. It has to have a certain amount of current flowing before it will flash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom