Turbo help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I have a bad turbo, lots of play in the shaft, resistance spinning. I am open to rebuilding (easiest if it works) or replacing. After searching here I am baffled by the array of possibilities. I want mild performance (at altitude) on a 3b. The present turbo says TD05-H re no KD 1900164. TD05-H seems to be the type or style of turbo, which could have all different internals, is that right? I have a stock flipped 3B exhaust, is there a known workable turbo which has that flange bolt pattern? I guess really, where do I start? Thank you!

Was the turbo on your rig running at any stage? Was the performance it gave what you were after?
If it was, then I would rebuild the current turbo - don't need to modify any mounts or air intakes etc

Need more info ..are the housings chewed out ? How does the comp wheel or exhaust wheel look ?

Found a place to rebuild it, even if it isn't perfectly suited it's cheaper/ easier than fabricating new mounting etc. in reading a zillion turbo threads here I see some people use the coolant ports and some don't bother. Mine had coolant but it would be cleaner if I left them off, and instead I'd reroute the oil waste line to be more free flowing ( into the pan)
Any opinions?

TD04HL's can be had cheaply also. Depends what your after from the turbo & if yours is still serviceable .

Turbo has resistance and spins maybe 1 1/2 turns freely before stopping if I spin it between thumb and forefinger. Shaft has some play up and down, none longitudinally, neither wheel has contacted housing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom