Builds Tube Chassis Cruiser Project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
webpages.charter.net
55 Series Tube Chassis Project

Well got done working on the rig early today cause I ran out of gas for the welder (always happens on a weekend :mad: ). So I decided to take a few pics of the rig to keep you all up to date on the progress of this thing.

image69.jpg

image75.jpg

image68.jpg

image70.jpg

that's pretty frickin ridiculous. i like it a lot. keep us updated, and GET SOME MORE GAS!!!

jonathan

thats f'n sweet!! are you going to moc up more of the 55 body??that would be way cool!

[quote author=mrtlc4x4 link=board=12;threadid=4866;start=msg37618#msg37618 date=1062628683]
thats f'n sweet!! are you going to moc up more of the 55 body??that would be way cool!
[/quote]

Thanks for all the complements.

Tony, Good to hear from you and I thought the 55 stuff was cool looking too. I haven't decided on the sides, fenders, or rear yet. I don't have any other 55 sheet metal to play with, tho a rear gate would be cool to graft in. As far as side, I was thining on going flat sheet (lexan or alum). Fenders I am still not sure on, have to see what I can source and come up with, but the fenders will be minimal if at all. So in short it may just have 55 hood and grill.

Reuben,
We definetely need to talk. That thing is amazing to say the least. I like the tub work and the overall design.

As for the purist factor, I decided to basterdise a 45 wagon and am sure to catch crap for it but the purist in me can play with a restored 40 and beat on the wagon...to a point. I hope to have the wagon ready for next spring or a winter run. I am attempting to keep the body stock but basterdise everything else in a nice clean way inorder to be able to play hard and not do constant damage to the thing.

I am seeing more and more cutting and chopping of nice cruisers but have to continue to give people credit for what they end up with in the end.

We all know the phrase..."it's only money" and it's your money so do with it what you will.

Great pics and keep them coming.

Goebeler

[quote author=cruiserrg link=board=12;threadid=4866;start=msg38060#msg38060 date=1062731628]
As far as side, I was thining on going flat sheet (lexan or alum).[/quote]Used alum. on team truggy. Promptly tossed them at first event. Switched to lexan for visibility reasons. Much better.

[quote author=wngrog link=board=12;threadid=4866;start=msg40108#msg40108 date=1063249547]
I absolutely love how you kept the 55 hood and grill on the buggy.

That thing is KICK ASS!

I LOVE everything about it.

Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
[/quote]

Thanks, I'm waiting to see pics with MOG parts on your rig. Post some updated pics here soon.

I hope to get more work done on the front end this weekend and maybe I'll have pics with the headlight bezels grafted in.

If your lucky, I'll snap a few pics of my top secret bling project that I just got....Alum 320lbs V8 block to build a stroker. :eek:

Thats beautiful! :D

Got a few things done on the rig, while not working on the glow plugs on my new to me tow rig (M1008).

Here it is with the headlight bezels grafted in, I'm thinking of cutting the hood to match along the red tape:

image76.jpg

Here is a pic of my High Angle driveline rear shaft with NP241 SYE
image79.jpg

Here is a pic of my High Angle driveline front shaft, had to make 2 piece to clear the links, trans, and engine. Also keeps the belly flat. I still need to fab up a pillow block mount.
image80.jpg

And last but not least, my new engine bling project...an all aluminum V8. This is the block, a rover 4 bolt main block I got. :D
image78.jpg

image77.jpg

Sweet!!

After seeing some really bizarre tube beasts at BHCC this year, I've been tempted to try something like that myself... It won't have an aluminum block v8 though (bling!)

Keep up the good work...

Oh, and when is Kate going portal Nolen? :D

[quote author=mrtlc4x4 link=board=12;threadid=4866;start=msg57107#msg57107 date=1067551842]
progress pics!!we want progress pics
[/quote]

Don't have any progress pics yet, will have to wait until next weekend when I get time to work on it again. Should be working on my high-steer arms and hyrdo steering then and will post more pics.

All I have to say is that thing is awesome. I love how you are using the 55 look, it's cool.

badass it is great when people use their noodle. hey goebeler email some pics of the wagon i also have a 66 45lv with 40s 1tons 454 and coils all 4 corners cant seem to post pics on this sight

mudmonster send me the pictures and i can post them for you (surfer9822@yahoo.com). You can also search the forum for advise on posting pictures. Its pretty easy to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom