Trying to turn a hoe into a housewife (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow, I cant believe I am already 1 month in.

Updates:
- Interior is almost back together (minus the dash parts and AC)
- Leather ordered from Mosley motors
- Steering wheel sent off to Craft customs to get recovered
- New shifter installed
- I sent the front seat belts off to safety restore for new belts (the plastic around one of the seat belt mechanisms was broken when I got it back and so after talking with them I shipped it back. Hopefully they will fix it quickly and send it back)
- I decided to change the AC evaporator and expansion valve and it is ready to go back in (Denso parts). Looks like someone rubbed their finger along a row of fins when I got it in the mail from RockAuto.
- I got rid of the cyclops looking headlights and put some used stock hedlights in

IMG_1296.jpg

IMG_1298.jpg

IMG_1320.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

I also found a center diff switch out of a Rav4 and replaced the old hazard light with CDL sticker the PO had put in

IMG_1324.jpg

IMG_1323.jpg

I ordered the new carpet from Rockauto, it is ACC which is what most people sell carry such as stock interiors. It was not bad ~$300.
Looking great!! What color ACC carpet did you choose? I’m assuming regular pile without the backing at that price.

I did the 906 Sandstone, will try to post a pic with the entire interior back together. It looks and feels pretty nice.

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 7.07.22 PM.png

Last edited:
Looking great!! What color ACC carpet did you choose? I’m assuming regular pile without the backing at that price.
Here are some better pics of the carpet installed with the interior panels and seatbelts installed. The photos make the carpet look shaggy to me, but it is not. The main difference in feel that I notice is that the stock carpet is higher pile. One pic has the stock carpet on the tailgate (left side) and the new carpet on the on the right to give a direct comparison. I was going to keep the stock carpet on the tailgate because it is in decent shape.

IMG_1345.jpg

IMG_1346.jpg

Last edited:
This weekend I was able to put the evaporator back in, I also took out the blower fan and cleaned it.

I then took the old alternator out (waiting on replacement to come in).

I then started working on the suspension, I took off the old shocks, fronts were Tokicos and still work, the rears were Ranchos that were blown. Planning on putting the OME springs (stock height progressive springs +1 inch spacer) with factory shocks.

IMG_1343.jpg

I do have to give a shout out to Safety Restore for fixing and replacing the seatbelts. They work and look like new. One did return with broken plastic (shown above in previous post). I sent it back and they quickly fixed and returned it.

Last edited:
Update:
I finally started putting the dash back together. Sony headunit with amp and sub will go in the back (I went to public school in Memphis what do you expect). Also go the steering wheel back from Craft Customs. The leather I ordered from Mosley Motors is legit cant wait til it is installed.

IMG_1412.JPG

IMG_1411.JPG

I started working on the front of the motor.
- Installed Denso alternator, took off water pump thermostat and radiator.
- Modified fan clutch and then replaced oil to 15k.
- Will go ahead and do the crank seal and oil pump seal while I am there.

IMG_1395 2.jpg

IMG_1410.jpg

Alright time for an update, it has been to long, but a lot of progress. Did the front crank seal. I borrowed the impact from Mosley Motors and it took the 30mm bolt right off, its a crazy battery powered impact. I am not going to lie, I had my doubts at first. Also used the impact to put the nut back on back on and then checked with torque wrench and it was ~310 ft/lb. While in there, I changed the crankshaft pulley, belts, thermostat, water pump, radiator and hoses, AC condensor and oil pump seal (Using the Wit's end kits helped make this job pretty easy). You can notice the milhshake/diarrhea oil I got going on, due to the suspected headgasket failure.

IMG_1420.jpg

IMG_1428 2.jpg

IMG_1429 2.jpg

IMG_1430 2.jpg

BTW I did try the chain method, but the bolt (to hold the chain) in the main pulley broke. Maybe if you had a grade 8 bolt this might work, but what I ended up doing and it worked well was using a deep impact 14 socket and placing it on the flywheel, this is the way to go.

IMG_1450.jpg

I ordered a leather kit from Mosley Motors and really digging the feel and color. I was able to pick up the front seats and the rear seats are getting done now. A local upholstery shop did the install along with adding foam and seat heaters. They tightened the nets too.

IMG_1558.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

I ordered a leather kit from Mosley Motors and really digging the feel and color. I was able to pick up the front seats and the rear seats are getting done now. A local upholstery shop did the install along with adding foam and seat heaters. They tightened the nets too.

View attachment 2846053

View attachment 2846054

View attachment 2846055
Wow! I did the Mosely leather as well. Great material quality! Mosely was great to work with. That is a big money job by the time you get it installed. I bet you have more in the seats than you do in the whole truck purchase. Look forward to seeing the finished product. Keep the photos coming. I have done three 80's in recent years. Well worth the effort and money.

RKT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom