Trying to turn a hoe into a housewife (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is great.....

You need to buy a farm or some land.

You hood rat...
Haha, you are so right. We actually looked at some land in Eads. Will see... until then I am just waiting for a letter from the HOA for doing hood rat things with my friends.
Screen Shot 2021-08-27 at 3.36.39 PM.png

So a little update. My wife went to St. Thomas for a "momcation" and I had three kids so it has been a little slow. Nontheless I was able to do some more turd polishing. I am getting the first two rows of seats recovered, but going to keep the third row just in case, but I am sure they will stay in the attic. I used Tuff stuff and a steamer with brush attachment to clean them up and it turned out pretty well. Also have been working on the sunroof, seems to be stuck (not sure if the cables are broken) so my goal is just to get it pretty tight and I might even seal it.

IMG_1229.jpg

IMG_1230.jpg

Started laying down the sound deadner. I went with second skin for the floor and Kilmat for the roof and doors. Not sure why I did this, but it was nice comparing the two products. Secondskin id defintiely nicer quality but both are fairly easy to work with. Other parts are starting to come in.

IMG_1222.jpg

New plastic for speedo
IMG_1231.jpg

Last edited:
Started laying down the sound deadner. I went with second skin for the floor and Kilmat for the roof and doors. Not sure why I this, but it was nice comparing the two products. Secondskin id defintiely nicer quality but both are fairly easy to work with. Other parts are starting to come in.

View attachment 2774396

New plastic for speedo
View attachment 2774397

man I’ve always wanted to put sound deadener down. Let us know how it works once you drive it

Looks good, great job!

That's a lot of work just to chop and bob it! When are the exo cage and 40s going on?

Wow! Nice work. Love to see a dirty girl taken to the Nordstrom counter for a clean up. Lube her up and give her a work out:)

Alright I have been a little lazy on the updates, but I was able to get the sunroof nice and tight. I did the bicycle tire mod and then shimmed the sunroof up a little. I then did a water test before putting the headliner back and no leak! I also found that two drains were clogged the rear driver and front passenger.

IMG_1247.jpg

I placed the carpet in too. I used the old carpet as template and used chalk to mark the cuts, but I still was pretty conservative with the initial cuts. One lifesaver for anyone considering this is a pair of Fiskars shears. These bad boys cut the carpet like paper. For the bolt holes I used an exacto knife and was able to stable the plastic parts from the old carpet with J21 3/8" stables. I think it turned out pretty well, still need to put the rest of the interior in. I shipped off the front seat belts to have new webbing placed.

Amazon product ASIN B01MU7C7MZ
IMG_1244.jpg

IMG_1245.jpg

IMG_1246.jpg

Parts are starting to trickle in. Got the springs today. Poor delivery guy, I think he just gave up.

IMG_1264.jpg

Also attempted to clean up the scratched up center console. Used a matching paint (the top part is not painted)

IMG_1261.jpg

IMG_1263.jpg

Love to watch this project. I really enjoy doing this kind of work. Did I miss something or is this truck now a running truck? For some reason I thought I read a blown headgasket was involved.

Did I miss something or is this truck now a running truck? For some reason I thought I read a blown headgasket was involved.

That was just wishful thinking :D

Love to watch this project. I really enjoy doing this kind of work. Did I miss something or is this truck now a running truck? For some reason I thought I read a blown headgasket was involved.
No you did not miss that part, that is to come. I was told the headgasket is blown. It does run, but the radiator is busted so I just turn it on to move it in and out of the garage if needed. I am going to have Cameron (Mosley motors) tackle the headgasket and a few other things with the motor.

No you did not miss that part, that is to come. I was told the headgasket is blown. It does run, but the radiator is busted so I just turn it on to move it in and out of the garage if needed. I am going to have Cameron (Mosley motors) tackle the headgasket and a few other things with the motor.
Got ya. It looks like a great find. I really enjoy doing this type of work. It is so fun to watch people's jaws drop when they see the final project. Most folks can't see diamonds in the rough. Those wheels have to go!

I am going to have Cameron (Mosley motors) tackle the headgasket and a few other things with the motor.

Hot Rod 1FZ.... smoky 4 wheel burnouts!!

Got ya. It looks like a great find. I really enjoy doing this type of work. It is so fun to watch people's jaws drop when they see the final project. Most folks can't see diamonds in the rough. Those wheels have to go!
Just for you RKTINC. I need to repaint the covers, but much better with the stock wheels.

IMG_1274.jpg

Also have been working on putting more of the interior back in and it is looking good. Added a new shifter from Partsouq.
IMG_1269.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom