Trying to find my first cruiser. No vin number though (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Bought my first cruiser in 1985 in Connecticut. Brought it out to Illinois in 89 when my folks relocated.

They asked me to sell it cause it was not safe and I was driving it like a race car. Shocker as I was a college kid.

I sold it in 89 to a younger kid like myself who drove off psyched to own his first cruiser as well. Sold it from my folks home in Lake Forest Illinois.

It was a 1976, 4” suspension lift, olive drab beige paint that was almost flat but slightly polished.

Was a soft top with white wheels and chrome bumper. OEM pto winch as well.

I imagine it’s either rusted to death in a field or painted and or changed in far too many ways to recognize.

Just keep looking at the old pic and think someone here may have bought it from me and knows where the heck it is.

C7C06FCB-51FB-4660-8294-EE44A985FCFE.jpeg

This is the only pic I can find. Hope one of you guys knows where the old thing is.

Needle in a hey stack but the internet tends to yield some strange results...

Goebs

Any records at all concerning the vin ? Did you try Connecticut dmv archives. Maybe ?

I may have the old plates. I wonder if Illinois has some old records under our name? Good thought to look at that. I was told some time back that without the vin, I was wasting my time.

Bought my first cruiser in 1985 in Connecticut. Brought it out to Illinois in 89 when my folks relocated.

They asked me to sell it cause it was not safe and I was driving it like a race car. Shocker as I was a college kid.

I sold it in 89 to a younger kid like myself who drove off psyched to own his first cruiser as well. Sold it from my folks home in Lake Forest Illinois.

It was a 1976, 4” suspension lift, olive drab beige paint that was almost flat but slightly polished.

Was a soft top with white wheels and chrome bumper. OEM pto winch as well.

I imagine it’s either rusted to death in a field or painted and or changed in far too many ways to recognize.

Just keep looking at the old pic and think someone here may have bought it from me and knows where the heck it is.

View attachment 1888021

I am going to do a full on interview with my folks. They think I am nuts but now they need to fess up some old contacts.
Didn’t think about insurance. They may still use the same company after all these years.
Going to find the thing!

No luck with insurance folks. They said they don’t have records that far back. They suggested finding the old plate number and seeing if that will help.
Time to look for old pics and hope one shows the rear of the thing. I had no front plate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom