Truckwerks wrenchin' day (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Big thanks to Truckwerks, and all the prople that helped me today, there were a lot of you and I won't list names. I am sorry I didn't get to meet all the people, I was busy :popcorn:
Howdy! Busy? Right! I saw you goofing off all day. Really, I enjoyed chatting with everyone, and helping work on rigs when I could. Wish I could have stayed til you got your steering finished up, but I had to head down to the Salt Mines to pay the bills. How's it working now?? John

Howdy! Busy? Right! I saw you goofing off all day. Really, I enjoyed chatting with everyone, and helping work on rigs when I could. Wish I could have stayed til you got your steering finished up, but I had to head down to the Salt Mines to pay the bills. How's it working now?? John

What? No Smilies from John? What is going on?

I said I was busy, I didn't say I was busy working or doing something productive. Ok, I was busy goofing off :)

The steering works as expected, it steers! That makes me very happy :rolleyes:

Have you told your boss you need a new mag drill yet?

Thanks again for all your helps!

It's too bad becuse Pig number 1 has lots of brake work that needs attention. On the bright side I did put about 10 miles on it late in the afternoon.

-Norm

Idea: Due to the success of this wrenchin day, we should possibly plan these as an ongoing event....maybe every three months? Thoughts? Possibly use the day also to bring out any swap items people might have?

My .02

I like that idea Josh. As long as there is BSing and the occasional cold beverage, the wrenching and swap meet/exchange would be a bonus. The key will be finding a host on a quasi regular basis.

(Thanks for the number Carl. By the way, did Kevin's 80 rims fit the FJC? )

Nope don't fit, the calipers rub the spokes on the front wheel. A 1/4-3/8" spacer looks like it would solve the problem, rears fit fine. Offset, UCA clearance, etc looks good.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Idea: Due to the success of this wrenchin day, we should possibly plan these as an ongoing event....maybe every three months? Thoughts? Possibly use the day also to bring out any swap items people might have?

My .02

Agree 100%, like when my springs get here;)

I like that idea Josh. As long as there is BSing and the occasional cold beverage, the wrenching and swap meet/exchange would be a bonus. The key will be finding a host on a quasi regular basis.

I'll 4th Josh's idea on the periodic wenchin' day!

As Kevin said, rims didn't quite work, but the 295/75/16 tires had room to spare. It was kinda funny - Kevin wanted to just bolt the rims on one side and shoot photos - I decided to be a pain and wanted to drive on 'em:idea: . They bolted up fine, but kinda compressed my front caliper so I couldn't drive the vehicle:eek: . Did manage to take some nice metal shavings off the back of the rims tho':whoops:

Wrenchin Day

He guys and gals, sorry I am just now posting on this as it has been busy at the shop. It was a great turn out and I had lots of fun meeting and helping everyone. We could definatly think about turning this into a quarterly thing or something of that nature.

Thanks for the great turn out hope to see everyone soon

Jason Bowman

...Thanks for the great turn out hope to see everyone soon

Jason Bowman

Hopefully you'll be seein us with some cash in hand...:D

I'll 4th Josh's idea on the periodic wenchin' day!

As Kevin said, rims didn't quite work, but the 295/75/16 tires had room to spare. It was kinda funny - Kevin wanted to just bolt the rims on one side and shoot photos - I decided to be a pain and wanted to drive on 'em:idea: . They bolted up fine, but kinda compressed my front caliper so I couldn't drive the vehicle:eek: . Did manage to take some nice metal shavings off the back of the rims tho':whoops:

Carl it's not like Kevin hasn't facilitated the loss of metal shaving on other people's rigs. :flipoff2:

Glad to know the tire size fit fine. Would there be a clearance problem on the body mount with spacers or is your's already chopped by now?

Carl it's not like Kevin hasn't facilitated the loss of metal shaving on other people's rigs. :flipoff2:

Glad to know the tire size fit fine. Would there be a clearance problem on the body mount with spacers or is your's already chopped by now?

I have not yet done the body mount mod, and with your Daystar lift I would expect no problems for clearance. The tightest spot I saw was up against the UCA forward (I think) with the wheel turned full. Another clearance concern might be the rear window over the tire;)

Hopefully you'll be seein us with some cash in hand...:D

wanna bet I was the first one to make an appointment ;) :flipoff2:

wanna bet I was the first one to make an appointment ;) :flipoff2:

This is what I'm talkin about!!! Good-on-ya Claudia!

Jason,

Your hospitality is deffinately welcome and does not go un-noticed around this group. A great big GOOD-ON-YA to you and Josh for considering hosting future events like this at the shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom