trouble installing keyed ignition switch fj62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
searched & searched and cant nail this thing down. have a new barrel with matching key. it doesnt seem to want to seat all the way in the assembly and i cant get it to turn at all.
perhaps im out of sequence.

any insight or help is greatly appreciated.

6F05E015-31D2-4FA1-B7E5-932DA8D11926.jpeg

4CD672CC-CEF7-48C0-A503-EEEB1EBBEE77.jpeg

B1B4695F-D977-487B-9079-7044E8BBD9F6.jpeg

665B72CD-2A86-48DD-966D-EBA6941FBE71.jpeg

searched & searched and cant nail this thing down. have a new barrel with matching key. it doesnt seem to want to seat all the way in the assembly and i cant get it to turn at all.

View attachment 2804810

View attachment 2804811

View attachment 2804812

View attachment 2804813
There are several threads on removing/replacing,,, etc.,,,,

Thanks but this doesn’t help my situation and I did read this thread earlier. Mine doesn’t seem to seat all the way and it won’t turn it all when it’s in the column

One of your pictures shows the key in the cylinder but in the "lock" position. The key/cylinder needs to be in the "ACC" position to install it.

One of your pictures shows the key in the cylinder but in the "lock" position. The key/cylinder needs to be in the "ACC" position to install it.
Yeah well I tried that too, I know it’s just one of the single photos. I can’t turn the key at all and it doesnt feel like it’s seated all the way

Thanks but this doesn’t help my situation and I did read this thread earlier. Mine doesn’t seem to seat all the way and it won’t turn it all when it’s in the column
Umm
umm,,, sorry,,, my oem switch replacement was no issue….

but you can turn to key when when you hold the cylinder in your hand?

In this video, it seems pretty straightforward. However, it looks like what he pulls out is just the cylinder and in your pictures you have an adapter that connects the cylinder with the starter electrical switch on the other side. Maybe the problem is with getting that seated. In your picture you have the adapter attached to the barrel. Can you first install the adapter, make sure it is bottomed out, then try the cylinder?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwi-1fm9tbTzAhXpFVkFHXpJAF4QFnoECAUQAw&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaaGEQxx5yY&usg=AOvVaw3yt32JXlJgIOsupgonGYRU

but you can turn to key when when you hold the cylinder in your hand?

In this video, it seems pretty straightforward. However, it looks like what he pulls out is just the cylinder and in your pictures you have an adapter that connects the cylinder with the starter electrical switch on the other side. Maybe the problem is with getting that seated. In your picture you have the adapter attached to the barrel. Can you first install the adapter, make sure it is bottomed out, then try the cylinder?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwi-1fm9tbTzAhXpFVkFHXpJAF4QFnoECAUQAw&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaaGEQxx5yY&usg=AOvVaw3yt32JXlJgIOsupgonGYRU
yes it turns feely in hand, ill check the video

View attachment 2804810

View attachment 2804811

View attachment 2804812

View attachment 2804813
Yeah well I tried that too, I know it’s just one of the single photos. I can’t turn the key at all and it doesnt feel like it’s seated all the way

OK ,

STOP what your doing right away ASAP please ........... 🚨

- what you have going on is :

- you have a FJ62 according to your TITLE thread ?

- DO not force this part another metric second or your gonna have your feelings really hurt ........

- the replacement cylinder u have in your hands is 100% without any question or any speculation a FJ60 8/80-9/87 WRONG profile lock cylinder

if you crack that aluminum
receiver your gonna really feel the pain my friend !

This is Exactly the Correct OEM TOYOTA genuine Parts You Need Now ..........

Please feel fre to PM me with any questions

im here to help in any way i can

thanks
matt

1633492581243.png

1633492597185.png

1619952206113 - Copy2.png

16193536482741.png

Ignition.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom