Troopzilla (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It would but there is nearly nothing aftermarket out there.

When I get bored in a couple of months after I finish all this, I'm going to get in touch with the guy who made this one for me and see if he's interested in doing a tuned length tubular split pulse manifold for me, and everyone else ;)

Home brand 0.60/0.64 GT2871 with a Banks Big Head waste gate actuator

Last edited:
I think your manifold would be better with trimmed weld elbows used to direct each port towards the turbo, rather that straight into the wall ahead. What is that turbo?

Yup my thoughts as well.... the short pipes even slightly toward the "collector" pipe would help I think..... In this case and most diesels, the medusas head pipe tangle isn't warranted but a bit of directional help wouldn't hurt...

Getting there

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1399788843.410028.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1399788930.750225.jpg

View attachment 890954
In the interest of lowering EGT and getting maximum breathability, I think we know where this is going.

It's been done by professionals, why not a total amateur?

0.o

May I ask – at the risk of sounding out of touch – what that... thing is? Intercooler?

Yeah crikey all right :)

It's been a lot of fun building it. I won't have it on the road for another couple of weeks yet. There are a number of other mudders who've done similar/better, I'm really looking forward to testing/tuning the whole package as it's been a big list of changes all in the one project

One for the back yard boys....

Busy day today, head back on, turbo in, inlet pipework done , just waiting on one piece of 45' hose to finish the outlet pipework. I ran around all three local performance shops looking for it, no luck, I was amazed at how crappy the quality of what they did have compared to the genuine Aeroflow product. Worth waiting for (eBay) The inlet join has 3" steel for 100mm either side of the clamps so nothing will be able to suck/blow/collapse. The same for the outlet once the hose turns up

4" to 3" inlet, 2" to 3" outlet

IMG_0407.JPG

Also nearly finished my fan shroud for the new 16" 2750 CFM thermo fan behind the 3" HD core.

IMG_0406.JPG

I still have to drill four little holes and cut one very big one (and do my timing before I bolt it back in)

Last edited:
whatever . just saying as a joke ,but why not wait till you get your chit together? your makeing alot of improvements, worthy of many thread builds. i think your eagerness is bringing a few things to the table faster than a build thread, especially the fuel and air mods.

question are you replacing the stock clutch fan with that electric fan????
Or is that just the intercooler's rad?

really?
Do you not have faith in the OEM one?
They work like hot dame in my opinion.

True, but they also pull a bit if power from an already underpowered engine.

Many modern engines run shrouded thermofans for just that reason. I know how cool it used to run, if it can't match that I'll swing back to OEM

I've seen desert racers do it this way, so it may work out quite nicely.

This 16" 2750cfm unit running on a relay/controller is the biggest I can find, we'll see how it goes.

image.jpg

At least I can read the marks on my overflow bottle now :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom