4L60E/L67/M90 into Troopzilla (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here we go again, got bored with the diesel (I want more power) so I sold it and the transmission on Gumtree (two people got a bargain)

Then I bought a supercharged V6 out of a VT Calais and have a long list of mods planned over the coming month or so of transplant

I know I can buy a transfer/trans adaptor from Mark's Adaptors, crossmember no problem, trans shift mount, no problem. Engine mount brackets, easy, all the rest, sorted.

What I can't get my head around is - how am I going to mate my 80 series trans shifter which actuates on the right side of the trans to my 4L60E which actuates on the left side of the trans?

Plenty of guys have put GM V6's & V8's into 75 & 80 Series Cruisers, can someone point me at the info for this?

Use a Lokar floor mount cable shifter. Allows you to use the same hole as the stock shifter and the cable allows you to get to either side of the trans.

http://www.lokar.com/product-pgs/shifters/shifter-product-pgs/floormount-shifter.html

Sweet, that's one option, but I want to use the stock 80 series shifter & console if I can, what has everyone else done?

photo1.jpg

You can convert the stock shifter to a cable, just have to fab up brackets and cable ends etc.

Not sure about the sump yet, it should be ok, there's a lot of room in there. It's looking like I'm going to have to do custom engine/trans mounts, everything else is looking pretty good.

jesus you are blowing money! I would have thought the FTE route would have been more up your alley

Got the measurements I needed from Mark's Adaptors, OAL using the same transfer and shaft positions leaves me with an extra 300 mm between the radiator and the front of the motor, plenty of room to fit my fan in - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/371215854584

engine mounts cut out, ground back and primed, ready for the V6 ones to be fabbed

IMG_1719.JPG

This is 80 series tech? A commodore V6 into a 75 series troop carrier.... :meh: No offence, but this looks like a step backward to me. Maybe Im just used to seeing conversions going the other way, petrol to diesel.

Good luck with the build.

Hahaha, bugger, you're right, I'm not sure how I ended with it in 80's, I'll PM Woody and ask him to move it.

I have had a pretty good crack at the diesels and will now have a lot more power and torque, in a stronger motor, with better fuel economy. All positives for me.

I was pretty sure not many people had put the A440F in a 1HZ troopy, I'm pretty sure not many people have put the 4L60E/L67/M90 combination into a troopy either as no one sells mounts or conversion kits for them, that's cool I like to follow my own path.

If I put an LS1 or Chev V8 in (common transplants) I would lose my license pretty quick and couldn't afford the fuel. This is my compromise option. My 4WD ing is genarally soft sand on the coast and the occasional bit of desert, nothing too challenging, it'll be alright...

:beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom