Events/Trails Trip: Xmas tree cutting/snow wheeling trip 11/24/23 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alia176

SILVER Star
Threads
I wanted to start a new thread rather than clutter up Virgil's thread.

It's time for our annual xmas tree cutting snow wheeling trip. This will be an all day thing, even though we'll try to return to Bernalillo by 5pm. For these kinds of trips, plan for the worst, hope for the best. If you have plans for that evening, you might want to think twice about attending this wheeling trip. According to weather.com, expect PM showers in the Jemez on Friday.

Meeting location: Home Depot Rio Rancho The Home Depot · Rio Rancho, NM 87124 - https://maps.app.goo.gl/u9XXYqB3QHpn2Nqf6
Meeting time: 8:30am
Depart time: 9am

Second meeting location: La Cueva Amanda's general store 38724 NM-126 · 38724 NM-126, Jemez Springs, NM 87025 - https://maps.app.goo.gl/7LVEubdQYSeCAPTJ9
Meeting time: 9:45-10am
Depart time: 10:15-10:30

Tree cutting permits are at Wallatowa visitor center/gas station/restroom: Walatowa Visitor Center · 7413 NM-4, Jemez Pueblo, NM 87024 - https://maps.app.goo.gl/ACSEDiQJJDq55h5H7

What to bring:
snow clothes/boots/gloves/etc. Extra socks for the kiddos never hurts. Bring the sleds/dogs/kids.
Food: plan on eating lunch on the trail. Please bring extra food just in case we get delayed.
Recovery gear: bring ALL of your recovery gear, snow shovels, tire chains, etc
Xmas tree transportation: some folks have wrapped their trees in a tarp for a more streamline transport on the roof. Bring straps/ropes/etc!!
Xmas tree cutting: if you're using a electric/gasoline chainsaw please bring your PPE (personal protective equipment).

Communication: HAM radio 2M, 146.400

1700591376347.png

This sounds awesome! Unfortunately, we’ve got guests in from out of town, and won’t be able to get away for a full day adventure.

If anybody else is in the same boat and would be interested in going on Sunday, let me know! Would love to have another cruiser out there to help with recovery if we get stuck in the snow!

Oh heck, bring your guests!!!!

I’m a maybe again. It didn’t go well for me last time, so I feel like I have to redeem myself. I also have to get my wipers working.

I'll be there. Thanks for this ride. I'll bring an electric chainsaw.

Thanks Ali. We are still a maybe, but doubtful.

Cleaning up has gone great, but we still have to have security on the property 24/7 because some people just suck.

Thanks Ali. We are still a maybe, but doubtful.

Cleaning up has gone great, but we still have to have security on the property 24/7 because some people just suck.
Totally get it amigo, totally get it.

I’m a maybe again. It didn’t go well for me last time, so I feel like I have to redeem myself. I also have to get my wipers working.
Dennis,

I'm upgrading you to a "hell yes, I'll be there with Hank riding in the Milk truck come hell or high water".

Yup.

🤣👍🏼

Last edited:
I am bringing the whole dang family... 4Runner and F250 Tremor.

Have a great time! I am just not ready for this trip.

The temps were cold but we had a nice turnout today. Fresh snow is coming tonight so the snowshoeing will be awesome tomorrow.

20231124_121350.jpg

20231124_121323.jpg

Last edited:
WE had a great time. Some got trees, I got firewood. Nice place for lunch. Back home before dark.
Ali complained there was no place to get coffee, on FR 144.
But he did okay on a abnormally low caffeine level.
Thanks for leading us around today. Next time there will be more snow.

Heya all,
Ditto on the thanks to Ali, and also much energy and love sent Mauser's way.
One of the things I love about our group is the the thoughtfulness and desire to be useful, productive and responsible. Ali, Jeff and Jesse tackled this giant tree that had fallen and was causing off-road bypass damage.

Chop-chop and some winch work.
IMG_0459.JPG
IMG_0479.JPG
IMG_0480.JPG
IMG_0475.JPG

Also, this is my new lady, Shannon...

Heya all,
Ditto on the thanks to Ali, and also much energy and love sent Mauser's way.
One of the things I love about our group is the the thoughtfulness and desire to be useful, productive and responsible. Ali, Jeff and Jesse tackled this giant tree that had fallen and was causing off-road bypass damage.

Chop-chop and some winch work.
View attachment 3492196View attachment 3492200View attachment 3492201View attachment 3492202
Also, this is my new lady, Shannon...

I cut one end of that before leaving... we didn't have time to finish the rest of the job. I am glad ya'll did!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom