Events/Trails Snow wheeling trip 12/9/23 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alia176

SILVER Star
Threads
This will be an all day thing, even though we'll try to return to Bernalillo by 5-6pm. For these kinds of trips, plan for the worst, hope for the best. If you have plans for that evening, you might want to think twice about attending this wheeling trip.

Tentative route: Jump on FR376 from FR126 paved portion, then head west, and then southward through the Gilman Tunnels. Depending on the group, we might take some side trails off of 376 which climb higher elevations.

Weather looks good
1701886832422.png

Meeting location: Home Depot Rio Rancho The Home Depot · Rio Rancho, NM 87124 - https://maps.app.goo.gl/u9XXYqB3QHpn2Nqf6
Meeting time: 9 am
Depart time: 9:30am

Second meeting location: La Cueva Amanda's general store. If you get there and nobody is there, please STAY there!!! Cell service is crappy and texts can be delayed depending where we're at on hwy 4. Be sure to let us know so that we'll wait for you.

38724 NM-126 · 38724 NM-126, Jemez Springs, NM 87025 - https://maps.app.goo.gl/7LVEubdQYSeCAPTJ9
Meeting time: 10-10;30
Depart time: 10:30-11

What to bring:
snow clothes/boots/gloves/etc. Extra socks for the kiddos never hurts. Bring the sleds/dogs/kids.
Food: plan on eating lunch on the trail. Please bring extra food just in case we get delayed.
Recovery gear: bring ALL of your recovery gear, snow shovels, tire chains, etc

Communication: HAM radio 2M, 146.400

Last edited:
Going to try to make it with my kids!

Going to try to make it with my kids!
We'll meet you at Amanda's in La Cueva. If you get there before us, please hang out and wait for us!!! Otherwise, we'll be playing "pin the tail on the moving donkey" ;)

I'm a maybe. Lots of stars to align but dang snow should be bueno

I'm also a maybe. I really need to get out.

We'll meet you at Amanda's in La Cueva. If you get there before us, please hang out and wait for us!!! Otherwise, we'll be playing "pin the tail on the moving donkey" ;)

Alright, we’re in for sure. I’m bringing the 200 which is all stock except for wildpeaks, so I’m sure we’ll need to get pulled out once or twice! (I’m bringing some recovery gear). I will bring satellite comms in case we get really stuck. I don’t cb, but do have gmrs

One last adventure before she goes for her makeover next month.

We’ll get to Amanda’s by 10:15, please don’t leave without us!

I've invited a local 4Runner/Taco group as well so you might see some new faces at Home Depot!!

I will just blast up to Amanda's. You will probably pass me.

Can't make this snow ride. Got an event to be at all day and night on Sat. Have fun!!!!

dang...saw this too late

I'll be rescue on Sunday

dang...saw this too late

I'll be rescue on Sunday
I'll help you with Rescue on Sunday, but after the party at Larry's....LOL!!:rofl:

Great first adventure out there today! Thank you @alia176 and @pappy

I was told that HDC is blood-in, blood-out, so I paid my toll. Miraculously, the sheet metal is completely unscathed!

View attachment 3503202
Well, at least you didn't roll it like that last new 200-series owner did on his first outing with the club. Can you give us some details of how the carnage happened? @OGBeno Probably a little less excitement then you were hoping for.

Well, at least you didn't roll it like that last new 200-series owner did on his first outing with the club. Can you give us some details of how the carnage happened? @OGBeno Probably a little less excitement then you were hoping for.

We started down a trail, but it was fairly steep/snowy and it was questionable whether it was open all the way through, so we decided to back up— I couldn’t get enough traction, so got a pull with a kinetic rope, lost the trail a bit and ended up putting my light into a tree.

We started down a trail, but it was fairly steep/snowy and it was questionable whether it was open all the way through, so we decided to back up— I couldn’t get enough traction, so got a pull with a kinetic rope, lost the trail a bit and ended up putting my light into a tree.
It does make it easier to justify replacing bumpers when you've torn up the plastic ones.

It does make it easier to justify replacing bumpers when you've torn up the plastic ones.

Yep, and I already have a slot on the books with slee for steel bumpers (and more). Unfortunately, I have to replace this bumper first, as they need a stock bumper to cut as part of the process

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom