TRD cold air intake (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey toyota Bosses, do you think the Tundra TRD cold air intake could work on 2013 land cruiser 200 series?

TRD cold air.jpg

Ok, there ya have it. Cant believe they dont make more TRD for LC! I appreciate your response!! Peace!
TRD what? Stickers? Plastic pieces? Red start buttons? That CAI will literally do nothing your stock one won’t which, you guessed it, is a CAI. TRD literally has not made anything useful since the 4.7L supercharger.

you can get a 2013 tundra k and N intake and just modify (cut) the heat shield to make it fit. The sound during acceleration is worth it enough to me. Smiles per miles are infinite!

If I remember correctly, the supercharger that produces 500+hp uses the stock air box. Clearly it has way more capacity than is needed for the stock engine.

Now, going for sound is a different thing entirely.

Subscribed.

If I remember correctly, the supercharger that produces 500+hp uses the stock air box. Clearly it has way more capacity than is needed for the stock engine.

Now, going for sound is a different thing entirely.
I was told the the same thing, Super Charger has to use the original factory air box, so when someone by me was throwing in a Super Charger and needed the stock box to install we swapped boxes. I just did it to be cool so he could get the Super Charger on, no idea if it does anything. And from the pic you posted this looks like something different than your pic? Anyway we call it an extra 5HP🤪

TRD.jpg

The original TRD supercharger kit for the Tundra uses a different upper airbox, it has increased volume along with a massive airflow meter tube. There is also a velocity stack for the airbox inlet.
Interesting. I stand corrected.

Do we know whether the harrop kit has similar? Or is that part of how it “doesn’t need tuning?”

The Harrop kit keeps the stock box.... which yes, is part of how it works with the stock ECU/tune. The larger TRD box won't fit the Land Cruiser anyway, so it's moot. The Harrop 2650 Supercharger was developed, in part, to be a replacement upgrade for the TRD kit w/ 1900 Supercharger.

There may be another option.. The Momentum GT.

Looks like this one is best bang for your buck… $100 less, retains factory box (less noisy I assume) +10 HP + 11 Torque - the other one is similar but you get 7 more HP for the extra $100
K&N 57-9040

These must be pretty new. Never heard of them selling for the 200. Probably no gains just noise factors. Motors are all the same from 08-21 right?

This is the k and n intake I run intended for a tundra. Can't remember model number. Smiles per miles is fantastic!

78D7A101-61A9-4A4C-9ABA-BD97AFFAB45B.jpeg

1DC6F34A-A480-4192-BF98-4B563E9076F7.jpeg

you can get a 2013 tundra k and N intake and just modify (cut) the heat shield to make it fit. The sound during acceleration is worth it enough to me. Smiles per miles are infinite!

I put the AFE intake on my Lexus GX and it does sound sweet.

There may be another option.. The Momentum GT.

I have the Lexus GX Momentum GT. It's a well built unit.

One thing I will say about it is that it does spoof the MAF sensor to read slightly low. About 10% from what I can tell from datalogging the stock intake and AFE back to back. What this does is makes the truck run a little leaner in open loop mode which picks up some HP and efficiency. The intake likely does nothing to improve the actual air flow though.

Allegedly, these UR motors run pig rich in open loop so there is wiggle room there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom