Transmission/transfer case seal leak? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does this mean the seal between the transmission and transfer case has finally given up? This is after sitting for a couple of weeks. Last night I noticed the fluid about an inch in the tube at the bottom. Now it’s definitely higher.

IMG_9646.jpeg

That would certainly indicate the fluid level is sitting quite a bit higher than the fill plug. The fluid is coming from somewhere and the trans is the obvious culprit. Given it has a bypass tube, I'm assuming fluid migration has been an ongoing issue?

That would certainly indicate the fluid level is sitting quite a bit higher than the fill plug. The fluid is coming from somewhere and the trans is the obvious culprit. Given it has a bypass tube, I'm assuming fluid migration has been an ongoing issue?
This is the first time I have seen fluid in the tube. I installed the tube preemptively knowing this “common “ issue. This was one of the first mods I did when I first got the Ute . I haven’t driven it since the fluid showed up since I still have the front axle apart for the elocker install. Waiting for the last parts from you guys to get here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom