Transmission pan with dipstick, possible? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to replace my transmission pan and in the search results for the part it came up with another part number, 35106-0C030. Does this pan work for our cars? If so I think that's the direction I want to go. I feel like I saw this discussed at one point but couldn't find it.

I need to replace my transmission pan and in the search results for the part it came up with another part number, 35106-0C030. Does this pan work for our cars? If so I think that's the direction I want to go. I feel like I saw this discussed at one point but couldn't find it.
That number does come up as superseding the original part number I have for my 2013, but I can double check your year and model to confirm. What year? LX or LC?

Also what’s with the dipstick detail?
Pretty sure it won’t have one, and will retain the original “overflow” method of level check.

That number does come up as superseding the original part number I have for my 2013, but I can double check your year and model to confirm. What year? LX or LC?

Also what’s with the dipstick detail?
Pretty sure it won’t have one, and will retain the original “overflow” method of level check.
2011 LX. Yeah it struck me as odd. It would be cool to check it with a stick and possibly fill through the same hole but I thought all the toyota AT's were sealed. Thanks for your help.

Here are the two pans, you can see the dipstick tube on the top one.
Screenshot_20210429-085917.png

I think that's a generic photo. Partsouq has photos for that part # and it does not have a dipstick tube

TBH I think adding a tube is a bad idea anyway. Right now the transmission is sealed from dirt and moisture, which is I'm sure in part why Toyota says under normal driving conditions you never need to change it unless inspection shows it's bad. Lacking a dipstick I do wish there were sensors for transmission oil level and oil condition though.

Parts diagrams show two part numbers for 2011 LX, one 35106-0C030 with an “(L)” annotation, the other 35106-60220 with a “(J)”. I don’t know what the difference is.

But when I search for the 60220 number with my preferred site, they say it supersedes to the 0C030 number, which means whatever the difference was they are interchangeable.

I agree with linuxgod the dip stick tube picture is probably a mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom