transfer case (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
whatsa good transfer case to swap into my 77. it has stock drivetrain right now, but just picked up a th350 for 150 and am gettin a GM crate 350, with dual headers, holly 4 barrel carb, high proformance cam, and some other mods. my question now is what is a good transfer case to swap in with the th350 and GM 350. its my daily driver and sees a lot of high way and driving. average about 500 miles a week. and then also what other parts will i need to to mount t-case and make sure all is proper. thanks.
nate
77 fj40

if yer keeping the stock FJ40 axles, locate a 60-62 series split case....quieter and stronger than the FJ40 cases.

what price range would i be looking at for a 60-62 series split case? and there are not many land cruisers around this neck of the woods(mid-ohio). so if it is kinda costly what is another one maybe that i coudl grab out of a junk yard?? thanks
nate
77 fj40

If you drive it a lot I'd recommend a centered output transfer case. Center output t/c doesn't turn the transfer case gears all the time like the offset cases in the cruisers so they are quieter and incurr less wear. Also you can find a gm case that will bolt up to your th350. Any cruiser case will cost you a chunk of change for the adapter. You'll either have to run your driveshaft crooked or swap to a centered axle however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom