trailer wiring harness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
On my 2013 LX570 went to tow something for the first time and the trailer harness plug has not been installed. Are guys still having luck getting this for free from the dealership?

If not I would like to save some money and by the one from etrailer.com that I have found in past threads.

Can someone post a picture of the etrailer bracket installed? I really like the look of what i have found picture wise and how clean it looks for the factory one but its $120+ more!

A bit hard to see here, but this is where I have my Hopkins receiver installed. You can make it out just to the right of the spare tire tucked in there.

IIRC, there's two existing bolts there but you may have to oval out a couple holes on the bracket.

Importantly, note that the Hopkins harness plugs into the stock wiring at the plug near the exhaust. Not at the corner nearest where the plug is located, even though it will plug right in. Outputs will be mis-mapped plugging into the wrong location.

1609959762287.png

A bit hard to see here, but this is where I have my Hopkins receiver installed. You can make it out just to the right of the spare tire tucked in there.

IIRC, there's two existing bolts there but you may have to oval out a couple holes on the bracket.

Importantly, note that the Hopkins harness plugs into the stock wiring at the plug near the exhaust. Not at the corner nearest where the plug is located, even though it will plug right in. Outputs will be mis-mapped plugging into the wrong location.

View attachment 2545852
When you get a chance can you post a pic of the harness location you are talking about? You are talking about this spot right? This is rear passenger side.

16099605943213869388915946224779.jpg

Last edited:
Here is where i tucked mine up. After i did the rear bumper it was the low hanging fruit. This spot is a bit of a pain you kinda gotta lay on the ground to plug in, but its so far forward it has kept it out of harms way on all trails I've encountered

IMG_8393.jpg

When you get a chance can you post a pic of the harness location you are talking about? You are talking about this spot right? This is rear passenger side.

View attachment 2545861

Nope, not those. Unless Hopkins made a change. That is where it *should* plug in as the factory one does, but Hopkins did it differently. It plugs in upstream on that harness near the exhaust where it uses the same connectors, but with differently configured pinouts.

This thread should answer everything

Just took this pic to help you locate the plug bracket
1609984851486.png

Last edited:
Nope, not those. Unless Hopkins made a change. That is where it *should* plug in as the factory one does, but Hopkins did it differently. It plugs in upstream on that harness near the exhaust where it uses the same connectors, but with differently configured pinouts.

This thread should answer everything

Just took this pic to help you locate the plug bracket
View attachment 2546135
Ok. So it mounts same place just further up the frame towards the front.

On my 2013 LX570 went to tow something for the first time and the trailer harness plug has not been installed. Are guys still having luck getting this for free from the dealership?

If not I would like to save some money and by the one from etrailer.com that I have found in past threads.

Can someone post a picture of the etrailer bracket installed? I really like the look of what i have found picture wise and how clean it looks for the factory one but its $120+ more!
oops, made a mistake. Never mind.

This whole kit by hop

View attachment 2545852
This kit by Hopkins is just strange. Why did they not map it to the existing ends? Secondly, When I plug in further up stream the kit isn't long enough to reach where its installed OEM. I'm not sure how you got your kit mounted so far to the right, my kit isn't that long.

Would have been so much easier to just plug in to the ends to the right of the spare right where you have yours mounted.

*Disregard, just saw another thread that you extended the wiring. Still adds to the frustration with this kit in the first place.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom