Trailer mirrors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone found add on mirrors to see around a wide trailer? it is for occasional use so would want something non permanent,

If not, any ideas for fabing up something? even just a fish eye mirror on a stick would be better than what I have now.

I am hauling an 94"x20' cargo trailer

Last edited:
There are quite a few different type of towing mirrors on the market. I use one that clips over the mirror body and has 2 rubber straps that secure it. Have you considered a reversing camera ?The fish eyes on the standard mirrors also help

Good luck. a lot of the mirrors that clip on to an existing mirror rattle and shake. Let me know if you find any.

I used this style to tow an enclosed snowmobile trailer on a 4000 mile trip home last year. I've always hated add-on mirrors but to my surprise these fit the 80 mirror well and ratcheted down tightly so they don't rattle or shake. Only complaint was the glass cracked out of them somewhere colder than 0 degrees F. Manufacturer sent me new glass once I got home. Maybe their glass is better now, maybe they still shouldn't be used in cold temps.....

CIPA Universal Fit Towing Mirror | Truck Mirrors | Northern Tool + Equipment

I used this style to tow an enclosed snowmobile trailer on a 4000 mile trip home last year. I've always hated add-on mirrors but to my surprise these fit the 80 mirror well and ratcheted down tightly so they don't rattle or shake. Only complaint was the glass cracked out of them somewhere colder than 0 degrees F. Manufacturer sent me new glass once I got home. Maybe their glass is better now, maybe they still shouldn't be used in cold temps.....

CIPA Universal Fit Towing Mirror | Truck Mirrors | Northern Tool + Equipment

I saw those at O-rileys, thought the ratchet thing looked kinda gimmicky, but If you say it works I'll give them a try, I will not have any cold temperature problems but maybe the other end of the spectrum in FL,

Thank you.

Got the Cipa's $30 each, took them out on a test ride for the new brake controller, they work quite well, solid and stay put, only complaint is would like the mirror to be a bit bigger but I can work arround that,

Much better driving now that I can see in traffic and I can actually back up without getting out to look over and over again.

Thank You.

Got maybe 2K miles on the cipa's now, only had one problem, one came loose a few miles after putting it on and ht the ground at 50MPH, broke the mirror itself but the body survived otherwise fine just some road rash. I think it was operator error, I think the strap I got the strap overlapped inside the mechanism as I remember it tightening up too early, fix is to make sure you pull all the slack all the way out before putting them on.

I called them up and got a slightly convex replacement mirror for few bucks for the passenger side, snapped right in in place of the broken original, I like the convex on passenger side and standard on drivers side, the long distance from my eye to the passenger mirror made for too small of a field of view before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom