Trail Tailor Offerings- Racks, Sliders, Control Arms and Misc (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@MongooseGA SAS kit is the plan for early 2020.

These will only be available installed by us at first until we verify all fit up connections are ideal. There are 4 installs already planned and should give us a good base group to compare early and late model 100 series. While the same, there always seem to be some differences in the two. Also from building bumpers on the 100 series it is not as "square" compared to previous models and want to be able to adjust for this too. Slotting a bracket hole for bumper compensation is one thing but being 1/4" off square over 2-4 feet is another.

J

An update on my health and back. Posted from my 100 build thread.

I'm feeling better and getting around to swinging 60# slider rails again pretty comfortably. I just ordered enough materials for 25 sets of 100 sliders and that will be the true test for me physically. If I can make it through that build set I'll be getting back to bumpers again.

We just rented another 2000 sq ft of shop space in our complex and TT will be morphing again. It's an everchanging monster.

We looked at moving completely out of state again, but decided to just buy a "R & R" home elsewhere instead. I plan to take more time off and work on more complex builds and parts moving into the future. Trying to get away from the rat race part slinging gig, it's becoming more cut-throat and has become who is the loudest salesperson that can slam another company. I let my customers sell my products by word of mouth and actual real time experiences. I've always answered technical questions and custom build specs on a one on one basis so the customer gets exactly what they need/want, not what a MFG thinks a mass shotgun solution might be for a product/customer base... It truly is an unappreciated endeavor.

**********Also we will no longer supply "wholesale" pricing and quantities to other companies. So starting Nov 1st these parts will be LOWERED to the price I was selling to the resellers and passing the discounts on to our customers. For the 100 offerings this will be for diff drops, RLCAs, RUCAs, RLCA skids, misc Tough Dog suspension components and sliders*************

BUT 100 and 200 Series UCAs will be increasing slightly due to a price increase from Currie.

Jason

I am so glad to hear you are doing much better. I have bought only a few things from your store but they were all of excellent quality. I really like the look of your bumper design and have been saving up for a front bumper for a while.
Hope they become available soon.

Do you plan on having any more 100 series UCA's in stock before the Nov 1st price increase? If so, I'd like to get in on those.

SAS kits?

85E20226-0FBC-4E02-A874-FFEF39310BFF.jpeg

Been on the board for over a year and getting things aligned with my schedule for the past 5 months. Going back and forth with housing, axle and 3rds vendors has taken most of that time.

That is very cool, something I would be interested. I know there is no way this kit will be bolt on, but for the kit alone is there any ballpark at all on price for the parts? I know its probably too early. But I am assuming that custom housing, steering gear, birfs, hubs, etc it will be alot...like over 5-7k for materials alone. I also assume you would adapt to use stock brakes and lug pattern?

Do you plan on having any more 100 series UCA's in stock before the Nov 1st price increase? If so, I'd like to get in on those.

Not sure if you saw this question.

Been patiently waiting for the SAS to see this development. I have an absurd question over here but, will this be a Toyota 3rd member or a Dana 60 or like?

9" Hi Pinion and custom housing for the SAS kit was finalized and ordered today. About 2 weeks for it to arrive.

105 Series brakes, rotors, spindles, hubs etc.. ordered from AU

Nitro CrMo birfs ordered

9" locker ordered

Now just need a little time and my 100 will have a SAS to test for a few thousand miles and then production can start.

J

That is very cool, something I would be interested. I know there is no way this kit will be bolt on, but for the kit alone is there any ballpark at all on price for the parts? I know its probably too early. But I am assuming that custom housing, steering gear, birfs, hubs, etc it will be alot...like over 5-7k for materials alone. I also assume you would adapt to use stock brakes and lug pattern?

I missed this, sorry.

So, there are quite a few different ways this kit "could" happen. Probably the most popular will be buying the housing, axles, inner conversion axles, third and gears (locked or non) and brackets from me. Then the end user can source the remaining items from an 80/105 series, etc..

It will require welding. But I plan to get a sheetmetal template per side that will use a factory frame bolt hole sequence to align the components for the fit-up.

Price... I'll know in a couple of weeks. I know the 9" 3rd, gears, ARB locker, and a few misc other parts, but the housing and labor for the brackets is not set yet.

Currently the only gearing that will be offered is to compliment 4:88s

J

Will you set It up for radius arm or 3-link suspension? Will the front axle width complement the rear or what WMS-WMS measurement do you have in mind?

Very cool of you to offer this. Hat's off!

Will you set It up for radius arm or 3-link suspension? Will the front axle width complement the rear or what WMS-WMS measurement do you have in mind?

Very cool of you to offer this. Hat's off!

Keep the same WMS measurement as the 100 front and keep the same 100 wheels too. Radius arm design, but if someone wants a 3 link they can buy just the housing with no RA brackets and they can mod 'til their hearts are content...

J

Right on! The stock wheel offset probably won't work but there are plenty of lower offset wheels in the 5x150 pattern to choose from thanks to the Tundra.

Wow Jason! You are a true pioneer and a valuable asset to this community. Respect!

I don't have an 80 anymore but here's the first pic I found of a FZJ80 axle.... the pictured wheel doesn't look stock but close enough (0 offset). If you were to bring that wheel inboard +60mm (stock 100 series offset), it would certainly contact the tie-rod. Even if there was no interference, the scrub radius would be off. The knuckles/geometry want a wheel close to zero offset or slightly negative.

100_1181.jpg

I don't have an 80 anymore but here's the first pic I found of a FZJ80 axle.... the pictured wheel doesn't look stock but close enough (0 offset). If you were to bring that wheel inboard +60mm (stock 100 series offset), it would certainly contact the tie-rod. Even if there was no interference, the scrub radius would be off. The knuckles/geometry want a wheel close to zero offset or slightly negative.

View attachment 2115951

Maybe on a stock setup. But hopefully not the case for mine with the tentatively planned new offset arms, pitman and hi-steer.

1571979500651.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom