Trail Suggestions?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm Looking to register for CM06 this year, just looking for some input on what trails to run. I have a 74 FJ40 that I'm planning to take which is under the knife right now, but will be set up with SOA on 35 or bigger tires with a rear locker....and a 350TBI:grinpimp:

If this doesn't get done in time, I plan on beating...I mean bringing the wife's rig. A 2000 UZJ100 with 285 at tires otherwise stock minus the running boards(soon to be sliders). :D

So I've been to Moab once last year for the EJS and have no clue on what trails to run, I know that I will be pretty limited with the 100 but I'm going anyway. So I'd like to hear some opinions on what to run please.

:bounce: :bounce2: :bounce:

wtmtnterror said:
I'm Looking to register for CM06 this year, just looking for some input on what trails to run. I have a 74 FJ40 that I'm planning to take which is under the knife right now, but will be set up with SOA on 35 or bigger tires with a rear locker....and a 350TBI:grinpimp:

If this doesn't get done in time, I plan on beating...I mean bringing the wife's rig. A 2000 UZJ100 with 285 at tires otherwise stock minus the running boards(soon to be sliders). :D

So I've been to Moab once last year for the EJS and have no clue on what trails to run, I know that I will be pretty limited with the 100 but I'm going anyway. So I'd like to hear some opinions on what to run please.

:bounce: :bounce2: :bounce:

Ditto question!:)

Except for the FJ40 part...

Wife & I were there last year for the first time also. You may want to contact Neil Quigley for info on trials....he helped us choose & we were amazed by them.

1-porcupine rim-I should not see a problem for a 100:)
2-kane creek-goona get scratches all down side, maybe a couple tough spots but someone could strap you:confused:
3-elephant hill-MUST DO THIS Trail....it was amazing, hikes are beutiful:bounce:

Like I said we went in wifes 80 lifted, no lockers & had a blast....see ya there.

Hell's Revenge has no scratchy bushes and amazing scenery. Should be doable in a 100 (40 anyway, I did). I would consider it the most friendly of the 4-rated trails.

Fins-N-Things will have some bushes.
Kane Creek has lots of water crossings.

As for the 40, if locked, Gold Bar Rim, Metal Masher, Poison Spider Mesa (increasing difficulty in IMO) should not give you too much trouble.

Myself, I signed up with preferences for Golden Spike, Steelbender and Moab Rim (cause I haven't done them yet).

Last edited:
wtmtnterror said:
So I've been to Moab once last year for the EJS

I was there, too, might have waved at you.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom