Trail Essentials (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you notice the ear protectors wrapped around the gearshift? Those are for the passenger because Toshi has a habit of playing ABBA way too loud on the radio.

Nah... I have a scratched CCR cd on repeat... ask @Gsb15... he donated it... then heard it countless times across the country.

Waaaaaaay back in the early 70's I went on a track trip to Montana, CCR was stuck in the 8 track.
I will smash any stereo that ever plays that again!!
But to get back to Trail Essentials, not sure a big assed chain is essential to keep
away unwanted boarders.

Haha the chain sure looks serious though! I’m making a couple of those clutch peddle locks for my cruisers. Here’s a better picture of it.
40E550D6-6214-4AAE-9D96-D8BD641551A2.jpeg

A f250 got stolen nine houses down for me and my next door neighbor got their motor bike stolen from their driveway the other day.

A bunch of years ago a guy I know was up at burnt bridge playing in the snow. they left a buddies Toyota pickup at the bottom because it couldent make it. Came back later and a bunch of black flag trucks and jeeps were there trying to start it. They came in fast and parked in front of them jumped out and it turned into a beer bottle fight. The dude stealing the truck got it started crashed into the other trucks getting away. The thieves scattered then crashed the Toyota into a ditch and put it onto its roof two bends down the road. He ran off into the woods as his buddies drove off.

With this lock hopefully i won’t get someone rolling my cruiser down an embankment while Im hiking again... at least the kill switch worked.
AC2CB86C-A0E4-4E09-8276-9DD9AF8355A0.jpeg

Last edited:
Did anyone say a first aid kit yet?
- anti histamine
- aspirin
- gravol
- saline
- alcohol
- maybe not for everyone but I have pliers in mine and have used them...
- tweezers
- needle
- asorted bandages
- q tips

Did anyone say a first aid kit yet?
- anti histamine
- aspirin
- gravol
- saline
- alcohol
- maybe not for everyone but I have pliers in mine and have used them...
- tweezers
- needle
- asorted bandages
- q tips
i missed this, but alcohol certainly is a staple.

Haha the chain sure looks serious though! I’m making a couple of those clutch peddle locks for my cruisers. Here’s a better picture of it.
View attachment 1657699

A f250 got stolen nine houses down for me and my next door neighbor got their motor bike stolen from their driveway the other day.

A bunch of years ago a guy I know was up at burnt bridge playing in the snow. they left a buddies Toyota pickup at the bottom because it couldent make it. Came back later and a bunch of black flag trucks and jeeps were there trying to start it. They came in fast and parked in front of them jumped out and it turned into a beer bottle fight. The dude stealing the truck got it started crashed into the other trucks getting away. The thieves scattered then crashed the Toyota into a ditch and put it onto its roof two bends down the road. He ran off into the woods as his buddies drove off.

With this lock hopefully i won’t get someone rolling my cruiser down an embankment while Im hiking again... at least the kill switch worked.
View attachment 1670438
I have rolled with the black flag crew for quite a few years now and have never seen anyone touch or try to steal anyone else's car. You may be mistaken about their involvement in that particular incident. Never in all that time did we wheel with a bunch of jeep guys. The only jeep guy that rolled with the Flag crew while I was around is Cory, the owner of westshore
spring. I think you should be more careful of who you are accusing. I call bull****

I have rolled with the black flag crew for quite a few years now and have never seen anyone touch or try to steal anyone else's car. You may be mistaken about their involvement in that particular incident. Never in all that time did we wheel with a bunch of jeep guys. The only jeep guy that rolled with the Flag crew while I was around is Cory, the owner of westshore
spring. I think you should be more careful of who you are accusing. I call bulls***

Humm wondering if there’s some beer bottle dents in your forehead... :hmm: haha I wasn’t there too manny idiots prowling that area.

Bar of soap

Years ago I heard a bar of soap will seal up a crack even a small hole in a oil plan like nothing else.

Just rescued my stranded parents. they hit a rock with their VW and cracked the aluminum oil pan. So I brought them oil and rubbed a bit of a bar of soap into the crack added oil to the motor again. Got a call from them apparently still not a drip from the one inch L shaped crack after the 10k drive home.

Seal All

I've repaired many fuel tanks... a friend of mine even glued a fuel pump back together with it after it cracked open. He drove 300 miles home, bought a new fuel pump, and then drove around for a week before he decided he shouldn't push his lick any further.

When they were building the Alaska highway, they sold cases of 'Seal All' to repair all the shredded fuel tanks.

Bar of soap

Years ago I heard a bar of soap will seal up a crack even a small hole in a oil plan like nothing else.

Just rescued my stranded parents. they hit a rock with their VW and cracked the aluminum oil pan. So I brought them oil and rubbed a bit of a bar of soap into the crack added oil to the motor again. Got a call from them apparently still not a drip from the one inch L shaped crack after the 10k drive home.

That is pretty impressive. I'll have to remember that one. Amazing it held up to the heat of the oil too. I would have expected it just to melt out.

Hah I thought the same, I thought it would hold just enough oil in to get them home, but no. They drove home parked the car for the night, it was late so they just slid this pan under and went to bed. This morning this is all the oil that was in the pan. My dad figures the oil in the pan is just from all the oil wind blown back over the motor and firewall. The soap is still holding and not dripping. I should be able to follow up with a picture of the cracks.

B253B181-E0AB-47E0-B994-20E9D7AF23EF.jpeg

crappy picture from last night underneath a low car after a wipe and a soaping
F25A7E90-CAC1-4541-B73B-37028B9B1C7A.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom