Traction Bar update (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was doing my thing (lurking) last Friday and a thread caught my eye about tractions bars. I thought I had a sweet set up until I saw the picture of the horizontal rod from the cross member ripped out... That was the same thing I did on mine... no way was it going to make it. :eek: I'm not sure if this is stout enough, but maybe you can give me some feed back.

I sliced a piece of 3/16 DOM lengthways and tappered the edges to fit the cross member (8 in worth) and drilled a hole for the horizontal rod and welded it all up (and please feel free to comment on my bugger welds :D ). Comments? over engineered... under...

Thanks Cruiserlad
IM000070.JPG
IM000069.JPG

Well it maybe over or under built, but it isn't engineered at all. I'd gusset the top and bottom of it with some 1/8" -1/4" flat stock. Lay a sraight edge on top of the mount you built and the cross member. your gusset should fill the area open under the straight edge. That is not an engineered suggestion though, I didn't do a single calculation in it's development.

Well it maybe over or under built, but it isn't engineered at all. I'd gusset the top and bottom of it with some 1/8" -1/4" flat stock. Lay a sraight edge on top of the mount you built and the cross member. your gusset should fill the area open under the straight edge. That is not an engineered suggestion though, I didn't do a single calculation in it's development.

wow, you sound like a lawyer:ban:

I would agree though.

no sense going through all that trouble to create more surface area to distribute the load then weld a small pices of round stock to attach your traction/torsion bar to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom