Tpms Sensor Fixes Itself?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had a tpms light on my wife's gx. (Blinking for 60 seconds indicating a fault) well after about 2 months it just went away one day. Has this happened to anyone else before. Also I have had other weird electrical occurrences, one being that one day after it sitting for 2 weeks the middle row speakers play at a minimal level although the h/u diagnosis checks out and on our last road trip the red car with the key symbol became half lit while driving down the interstate and went away the next day? And all three of these things I haven't seen anyone else having anything like it.

I have had the TPMS light come on for a few days and then go away. It happened twice a few months apart. Then it came on a 3rd time and stayed about a months until i fixed the light. I imagine it was the wheel sensors losing their battery power and not communicating well the first 2 times. Not sure what the other issues are. Im assuming you have the factory NAV system?

Yeah factory nav. I thought for sure the amp was going but everything says there's has no sound and hers is just the two speakers aren't as loud as the rest

Happened a few times on longer trips. The battery is getting low and does not have stamina on longer drive. Fixed itself on short drive when TPMS battery recover.

I imagine it was the wheel sensors losing their battery power and not communicating well the first 2 times.

if the light just stays on and dosnt flash, its a tire pressure issue. one or all of the tires are below the low pressure threshold.

if it flashes it indicates an issue with the system, typically the issue is in the sensor. they run on an internal battery and typically have a 7-10 year lifespan before the battery goes. they are nonserviceable and would require replacement, its also recommended to replace the fit kit as well. the kit includes a new washer, nut and rubber grommet for the sensor

All of this has happened after replacing the battery, but the earliest thing being the amp happened 2 or 3 months afterwards.

Mine developed the flash recently and I wish I could turn it off. No way I am spending money to replace the sensors.

fairly easy to turn the light off. but the method varies based on 04-06 or 07-09. The early ones need a wire grounded and the later ones need to see 5V on that same wire.

*corrected year range*

Last edited:
A finer point: 03 doesn't have TPMS :)

I just ignore the flashing. Doesn't bother me. I did get them fixed eventually though.

I have the same thing my TPS flashes all the time despite that tires are up on a optimal PSI. During my last maintenance service I asked mechanics to take a look a this and reboot the sensors in hope they will function back normally. So they rebooted the sensors and for a couple days there was no flashing indicator, after 3-4 days it came back to the same thing -- flashes all the time...

Not sure should I bother this or not. But I am curious if you were to get new sensors how much are they? How expensive this option would be?

I just purchased 4 of them on fleabay for $60. My tire guy will install over the christmas break. Says the are oem and the look like they are real. My tire guy wants to see them and see if he needs to program them. He sells them for $60/piece and didn't think they are real. We'll find out in a week.

Not sure should I bother this or not. But I am curious if you were to get new sensors how much are they? How expensive this option would be?

we sell the sesnors for about 95, fit kit is 10 and labor is 1 hr to program + .3 per sensor for installing

My tire guy wants to see them and see if he needs to program them. He sells them for $60/piece and didn't think they are real. We'll find out in a week.

yes he will need to program them unless he is selling aftermarket sensors and has the ability to clone them. cloning them will just assign the number of one of the sensors that is already programed in the system so the vehicle dosnt know the difference

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom