Toyota SWAP Meet off-road/overland Truck event 2017 thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Several things to bring up as a start to the thread. Event is Sept 23rd Saturday beginning 10AM. We are deciding on a committee and volunteer meeting date 3rd week of August. Tues Sept 22 and Wed Sept 23 are the prospective dates. Please chime in on preferences and we will choose the audience favorite. We are looking to essentially duplicate the duties and positions of participants last year, and also add new guys to the committee involvement if anyone new wants to jump in. Everyone interested in helping out please attend the posted forthcoming committee meeting date and location.

This event needs participation from everyone in the club to be a success. It's our only event that is CLCC sponsored and created of all our revolving events we participate in. If you value and enjoy this club and being a participant, it's an unwritten expectation to attend this Swap Meet. All efforts to stop by are greatly appreciated.

The board that controls the event grounds let me know that camping overnight is not an issue. These guys are friends and neighbors so it's pretty casual. The only request is that we camp in the rear huge grassy area further back vs the front lawn we hold the event it. The concern is they just want to lessen visibility from the street because neighbors might call in thinking kids are doing a late night trespassing. We can leave vehicles overnight in the main lot. General plan is we'll transition to a general post swap meet happy hour party after the event, reopen the grill and eat leftover burgers and dogs. That will transition to a general hang out, wheeling event style party and people are welcome to be merry and camp overnight. Please help clear out and leave no trace in the morning.

Last topic of importance is that Stump and I will be gone on the Colorado trip with the Keystone Cops first two weeks of Sept. We will miss the meeting. That will mean a bit of a headless horseman rodeo for meeting night. Maybe Sourbeer will take the gavel since he is familiar with it. Whatever happens, have at it at the Sept meeting, and we also we need the Swap Meet committee discussions represented during Kilroy's meeting night to keep the Swap Meet momentum.

Sorry guys, but I'll be in Alaska on a cruise during the Sept. club meeting. I've asked Jim to take attendance and meeting minutes.

I'll organize setup and cleanup duties on the private CLCC forum.

I'm still on the hook for a Restaurant Depot run for food and drinks to sell. I just need an inventory of supplies we still have from last year. Does anyone have one of those huge 80-100 quart coolers we can use for drinks?

I have 2 giant fishing coolers, and plenty of large regular size so we can just grab what we need from my house.

We should probably hold a swap meet Kilroys meeting like we did last year. A lot of guys are missing the meeting for the Colorado trip, so we talked about doing a Swap Meet planning session next week at last meeting. All people volunteering to help organize, or pitch in in any way, are encouraged to attend. I can do Wednesday or Thursday next week. We can choose a night that sounds like the best turn out.

I can't do Wednesday. And not sure about Thursday. Post up a list of duties and we can fill it in.

So where is this Swap Meet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom