Toyota Dyna ?build questions. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi. I am new here and new to this project. I am planning on at least a year traveling in a truck through central and South America. ( if I am still loving it I will keep going) I am very strongly considering a 1993 Toyota Dyna four door 4x4 diesel( 14b) with manual transmission and DRW.

I think it is a 300? How can I confirm this?

I am going with four door because can seat more then two and making a pass through to the box is easier.

I have many questions and welcome any input and thoughts on my choice of vehicles and anything else.

Ideally I wanted a 12’ long box on the back. There is only about ten feet of frame behind the cab so to get enough room the box would need to extend past the frame almost two feet. Thoughts on this. The other option is to build over the cab but that makes tipping cab very difficult or the build complex to allow it to tip.

Because I’m driving this so far ( potentially central and South America, Africa, Europe and Asia and Australia (if I don’t go crazy living in that small of space for that long. I plan on coming home for a month twice a year.). Mpg is a big consideration. What is a realistic expectation? I am building light but batteries and water etc is required. And they are not light. I am guessing 2000 lbs in addition to the cab and chassis is realistic.

What is it like getting parts for these trucks in different parts of the world. Central and South America it seems good. I don’t know about other countries. Thoughts?

The truck I found is RHD. I want to convert it to LHD.
Steering looks easy. Just need lhd steering box I think. Looks like I woukd. Red some dash trim parts.
Looks like shifter is cable operated. With the right mount can it be moved over?

Can pedals and cylinders be swapped to the other side?

Is there a good source to decide an 11 digit jdm vin

Is there a good place to look up factory part numbers that is not in based soi can look at right hand and left hand drive part numbers to research.

I know I asked a lot. I appreciate your replies and knowledge.

Where these trucks sold in Mexico or Canada? I am in the USA.

Any idea if you can import a newer truck into Canada and register it there as compared to 25 year old rule in USA?

FYI I am very mechanically skilled just no experience with these trucks or jdm stuff really.

Thanks!!!

Hi. I am new here and new to this project. I am planning on at least a year traveling in a truck through central and South America. ( if I am still loving it I will keep going) I am very strongly considering a 1993 Toyota Dyna four door 4x4 diesel( 14b) with manual transmission and DRW.

I think it is a 300? How can I confirm this?

I am going with four door because can seat more then two and making a pass through to the box is easier.

I have many questions and welcome any input and thoughts on my choice of vehicles and anything else.

Ideally I wanted a 12’ long box on the back. There is only about ten feet of frame behind the cab so to get enough room the box would need to extend past the frame almost two feet. Thoughts on this. The other option is to build over the cab but that makes tipping cab very difficult or the build complex to allow it to tip.

Because I’m driving this so far ( potentially central and South America, Africa, Europe and Asia and Australia (if I don’t go crazy living in that small of space for that long. I plan on coming home for a month twice a year.). Mpg is a big consideration. What is a realistic expectation? I am building light but batteries and water etc is required. And they are not light. I am guessing 2000 lbs in addition to the cab and chassis is realistic.

What is it like getting parts for these trucks in different parts of the world. Central and South America it seems good. I don’t know about other countries. Thoughts?

The truck I found is RHD. I want to convert it to LHD.
Steering looks easy. Just need lhd steering box I think. Looks like I woukd. Red some dash trim parts.
Looks like shifter is cable operated. With the right mount can it be moved over?

Can pedals and cylinders be swapped to the other side?

Is there a good source to decide an 11 digit jdm vin

Is there a good place to look up factory part numbers that is not in based soi can look at right hand and left hand drive part numbers to research.

I know I asked a lot. I appreciate your replies and knowledge.

Where these trucks sold in Mexico or Canada? I am in the USA.

Any idea if you can import a newer truck into Canada and register it there as compared to 25 year old rule in USA?

FYI I am very mechanically skilled just no experience with these trucks or jdm stuff really.

Thanks!!!
I have a 94 that I just bought, so I’m curious about the responses to your questions. I believe mine is a 250 with the 3.7 L 14B engine. I‘m hoping to do Alaska to Argentina when I get finished building the living space, but now I’m in the process of getting it inspected. It’ll need new tires for sure, but otherwise it’s in great shape.

Tengo un 94 que acabo de comprar, así que tengo curiosidad acerca de las respuestas a sus preguntas. Creo que el mío es un 250 con motor 3.7 L 14B. Espero hacer de Alaska a Argentina cuando termine de construir el espacio habitable, pero ahora estoy en el proceso de que lo inspeccionen. Seguro que necesitará neumáticos nuevos, pero por lo demás está en muy buenas condiciones.
Hi!

Soy de Argentina, por eso te espero en estos lugares. Tengo una LJ73 y busco una Toyota Dyna o Daihatsu Delta, me gustaría saber cómo va tu experiencia con la camioneta.
Éxitos !!
Sebastián

Like minds...

I'm looking at a 3L powered toyoace (1ton, 6lug) Japanese firetruck, double cab.

Subscribed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom