Toyota Dealer March 2022 Major Discounts (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I emailed today asking about my orders (plural). Said I understand they probably got slammed and I'm not worried, just hoping for a very rough idea of timeframe so I can plan the work.

This was the response:
A lot to process and parts availability but Im working on them

Sounds like they are quite busy..

FWIW, I placed one order from Serra Toyota In Decatur and one from Village in FL. My Village order shipped immediately and I received it here on the West Coast within a week. Nothing has shipped yet from Serra, but I did get their email explaining that they were running behind.

I ordered from Village and Decatur been over 3 weeks now and village was nice enough to return my call and give me phone updates on how they are waiting on parts. Decatur sounded pretty annoyed when I called and asked, but I understand they are backlogged
Same here... about 3 weeks and still no part. :(

I placed about 6 orders with Decatur total.

I've received my first one and my last one.

I still think we need to give the dealership ALOT of grace here. A parts department at a dealer probably has 4-5 people on staff total. They got hit with probably 10,000+ orders based on this getting posted on MUD, 4Runner, Tacoma, FB, and other forums. Add on the fact that they don't have all these parts and need to receive them from Toyota distributor, repackage them, & ship them out. Not to mention having to wait on backordered parts, not sending out partial shipments, etc...

My Decatur order just shipped. Placed 3/19. I agree give them some slack. I’d check if your part is a funky one, as I’ve run across a few items Toyota said we’re on national back order with no idea when they’d be available.

Has anyone else order shipped from Decatur? Mine (3/15) still hasn't. I got my other order from Gettel a couple of weeks ago but they messed it up. They stated they would send me the correct parts but I haven't gotten any more updates.

Has anyone else order shipped from Decatur? Mine (3/15) still hasn't. I got my other order from Gettel a couple of weeks ago but they messed it up. They stated they would send me the correct parts but I haven't gotten any more updates.
My 3/21 order has not shipped. They must still be swimming in orders and I'm still happy trading the discount for a little extra wait time. I have not reached out the the dealership, so just going on accounts from earlier posts here.

I placed my Decatur order on 3/17. I sent a very kind and gracious email earlier this week just asking if there was any update, saying that I completely understood how slammed they’ve been.

I was told I could expect my order (mostly brake parts, rotors) to shop early next week.

We will see!

I have 3 different orders with Decatur from 3/18 to 3/21. Haven't gotten any feedback other than the order was received auto email right after submitting. Based on other posts on here I just let it go as I don't need any of it for another 5,000 miles. I have to assume that in 5 more months they can get them shipped...

I’ve received five tracking numbers from Decatur over the past couple of days. The only order outstanding was placed four days after the initial batch, after things went truly viral.

Orders placed 3/17 and 3/21 respectively.

I have 3 different orders with Decatur from 3/18 to 3/21. Haven't gotten any feedback other than the order was received auto email right after submitting. Based on other posts on here I just let it go as I don't need any of it for another 5,000 miles. I have to assume that in 5 more months they can get them shipped...
Same for me on orders with Decatur.

Parts are showing up for me, order dates stated above. They are definitely losing some money on this.. one of the brake calipers had been shipped from toyota to decatur 2nd day air. That can't have been cheap.

Perhaps a little concerning is a box that contained only 3 of the dozen or so line items on that order. Things like one brake backing plate, but not the other side. I don't think this is strictly back-order defined as many of the parts that didn't show up from that order are very common.

Concerning only because there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to how they are deciding what to ship.

Not that they aren't trying their hardest.. but the lack of communication to their customers seems not quite up to par. Glad this stuff was so cheap..

I emailed Serra last week (Apr 14th) asking about my two orders and got a response the same day that said something to the effect of "should ship next week". We will see.

Spoke with Serra today after sending a "just checking in" email earlier this week. I've received 2 of 7 orders total.

That being said, I'm still giving them a TON of grace. This is not a large Amazon or Toyota distribution center we're talking about here. It is 3-4 guys in a parts department who probably have a mountain of boxes in their showroom.

Spoke with Serra today after sending a "just checking in" email earlier this week. I've received 2 of 7 orders total.

That being said, I'm still giving them a TON of grace. This is not a large Amazon or Toyota distribution center we're talking about here. It is 3-4 guys in a parts department who probably have a mountain of boxes in their showroom.
Agreed. I'm still waiting on my 2 orders. Guess the first order has been placed for nearly a month and PayPal pmt expired so had to call and give them new payment info for one order. He said they will try their best to get it out within the week.

He said they got slammed. Did $1M of business in 4 days. Said "too many people posted in too many places".

i am surprised that so many people ordered from the toyota of decatur. @sdnative posted that he had ordered from Village Toyota, so I did the same. Village Toyota prices were the same or very close.

Seems greed on both ends is causing delays more than anything else. If there counter was ringing non stop, they could have paused and reassessed it to their capacity and comittment to ship items on time and then continued, unless those are already back order items. Still waiting on my single order for more than a month. Will contact Decatur tomorrow …

Seems greed on both ends is causing delays more than anything else. If there counter was ringing non stop, they could have paused and reassessed it to their capacity and comittment to ship items on time and then continued, unless those are already back order items. Still waiting on my single order for more than a month. Will contact Decatur tomorrow …
Have you ever been to a Toyota dealership parts center? It’s not Amazon, it‘s not a Napa. It’s usually run by one dude who may or may not know anything about Toyotas. I encourage folks to temper their expectations in this thread,…….

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom