Toyota Changed 2013+ Front Springs..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
FYI, while Toyota did not announce this change, the front springs are different than the 2008-2011 model years. Unfortunately this came to light during a failed install of Koni 90 shocks....the rears fit fine, the fronts not even close.

So for those looking to modify a 2013+, make sure the shocks can fit inside the stock springs and/or plan on also changing springs.

I don't have a decent independent in the area, so I'm thinking of using the stock LC as the family vehicle and getting a Tundra...maybe the upcoming TRD Pro.

Sage, terribly sorry for the adventure we had to go on to find this out. I'll make it up to you in the near future.

So as mentioned above, 2013 guys that want to replace shocks and retain the Toyota springs, there is nothing out at the moment. The springs from the 08 - 11 should solve the issue should anyone want to go forward at this point.

No worries Brian....truly an "unknown". Even the dealer was totally stumped....guess Toyota really kept this on the QT.

SWUtah.....I guess they're "smaller" as they don't fit over the shocks. I have no context for ride impact versus a 2008-2011.

Hi Brian, I have a spare set of Eibach 14 inch springs in 600 and 700 pound weights that came with my Radflo 2.5 shocks. I ended up going with 16 inch 700 pound springs after my bumper and winch installs.

Will the Eibach 14 inch springs work with the Konis?

Unfortunately, no, they won't fit. The Eibachs are a universal coil over spring, ground flat on both ends for easy adaption to flat spring seats used on many shocks. The stock springs use a pigtail at the bottom... the 2013 200 has a smaller pigtail on the spring compared to the earlier model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom