Toyo MT vs Toyo M55 Longevity (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Debating on which tire to go with in the 255/85/16 size. I don't want to go with the BFG MTs so I am left with the toyos. Plus i like them a lot more.

What sort of miles or kms are people getting on these tires? How long should I expect these tires to last for with proper rotations and correct psi.

35,000 miles from the toyo M/T
50,000 miles from the M55

My very uneducated guess
the 255/85's are a great choice, I love them. I am running kelly safari MSR's in that size.

35,000 miles from the toyo M/T
50,000 miles from the M55

My very uneducated guess
the 255/85's are a great choice, I love them. I am running kelly safari MSR's in that size.

forgot to take into concideration that 80s are awd and will wear tires quicker than a truck predomiantly in 2wd....
From what I have observed the tires have the same hardness in rubber.

Yeah, I am not to big of a fan of the coopers to be honest. I got a good bud who works in a tire shop.
I know m55s wear like iron and they wear out in the center. I know there a tough ride too.....
I just would hate to spend 300 bucks a tire and have something wear out that in half the time (mts) and basically cost the same as the m55s

Just curious, why are you not considering the KM2?

Good luck on the M55 in a 255/85 - they have been discontinued through Toyo.

I just picked up 5 M55's in 255/85r16, local tire shop says there are over 400 avail at the western Canadian warehouse...

Also, my MT's only lasted about 15,000km (gravel roads only), whereas in the past my other M55's will do at least 3x that, and more if you don't mind running on the center rib once the tread wears down.

block

forgot to take into concideration that 80s are awd and will wear tires quicker than a truck predomiantly in 2wd.....

i disagree with your statement above

awd spreads acceleration forces to all 4 tires - instead of concentrating it all onto just the rear tires....

my data set - with a sample size of one, proves without a doubt that AWD is easier on the tires than 2 wd

ive got a bazillion miles on a USED set of BFG TAKO's

My set of KM2's is at 50K and going strong.

ForealBoreal, I had a set of Toyo MT's on my 4Runner. They did pretty well off road, but became pretty loud after 10K miles. I think they lasted around 25K +/-

My set of KM2's is at 50K and going strong.

ForealBoreal, I had a set of Toyo MT's on my 4Runner. They did pretty well off road, but became pretty loud after 10K miles. I think they lasted around 25K +/-

hmmm good to know.
I have just heard many problems with people seperating them. I have a buddy working in a tire shop that tells me a lot.

We had TOYO mt's on a work truck. They lasted 2 summers. They were rotated and everything. The noise was unbearable. I wouldnt put them on anything. The M55's are still around here in Alaska. I am considering the Cooper as my winter tire since it is pre drilled for studs. Sipping and studs should work great with the 255's.

Zach

BUMP!

So how many miles have you ran your m55s or mts. I have to buy new tires in approximately 2 months time.
Daily drivers who have these tires would be greatly appreciated if they voiced their opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom