Towing/ Camping /Trailers (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nolen, it is my understanding that the dovetail is not useable space according to the po-po. I'll try to get that confirmed.

The lower deckover you describe is called a pierced deck. A little more expensive but it is a nice feature.

You are correct bossman, at least here in mississippi. However, I doubt you would ever get busted for it.

Pierced decks are nice, however I personally do not like them because the tires are usually smaller. However if your getting something around the 26 - 28 foot range I think you would be fine.

Agree that a dovetail is costly as far as the weight of a trailer goes.

Story of my life, a day late and a dollar short.

Go down to photo #67

heavyequipmentsale

I would have to take a good look at that one. It is possibly a bit flimsy. it does not look very rigid. That said, it is gong to be damn light.

I can see someone in California nailing you for using the dovetail, but I have been running the roads in MS with no tag for 30+ years and have never gotten pulled over once.

I guess it all depends on the mood of the occifer.

From all the ones o looked at prior to getting mine..,this thing looks pretty dam close to mine. I cant tell what the side rails are made of in the pics? If it is 8" channel...it's a keeper!!! This trailer is definitely worth Taking a look!!! Sob will be super light. Mine is VERY flexy when not loaded, load it up and it is just fine.

even on the moon, my trailer would not be flexy

This is a nice one to live in, may not be what you want to spend though.

Custom toy hauler - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board

I had a bunch of pics of different set ups from the roundup but lost em when I had to get new phone.

Not a bad price when you consider the cost of a truck cab over camper and cost of a gooseneck.

Living quarters looks to be much larger than a cab over camper. Shower is dry which is VERY nice. 3700 watt generator is very nice.

Nice gooseneck trailer will be $ 5K +. Add any custom features and it gets even more expensive.

New Cab over campers price start at 17 -20K and only goes up with stuff like: bathroom, AC, heater, generator, etc..

Last edited:
I guess the cost of trailers have gone up. Two years ago we decided to haul our own cars to and from the auctions. We had a 36 ft car hauler built by a company called Quality and it was only $4900 brand new. It was a gooseneck with 2 9000# axles. Towed great but loading up cars in the rain got old so the trailer was sold at auction for $4500.

I guess the cost of trailers have gone up. Two years ago we decided to haul our own cars to and from the auctions. We had a 36 ft car hauler built by a company called Quality and it was only $4900 brand new. It was a gooseneck with 2 9000# axles. Towed great but loading up cars in the rain got old so the trailer was sold at auction for $4500.

Yes, trailer prices have gone up. I'm sure it will be even more expensive due to higher price of oil.
$4900 for a new 36' GN trailer was very cheap. Doubt you could get one built for that price now.

2 years ago, the economy was in the tank so the trailer manufacture might have been real hungry.

This is a nice one to live in, may not be what you want to spend though.

Custom toy hauler - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board

I had a bunch of pics of different set ups from the roundup but lost em when I had to get new phone.

That is nice... but not having the sleeping quarters over the gooseneck is wasted space IMO. Also... I like the idea of using the deck as a patio when parked for the week or even camping... this one can't utilize that convienence of stepping out and onto the "porch"

That is nice... but not having the sleeping quarters over the gooseneck is wasted space IMO. Also... I like the idea of using the deck as a patio when parked for the week or even camping... this one can't utilize that convienence of stepping out and onto the "porch"

Gooseneck can be your balcony !!!

Drop a washer dryer combo on that badboy and you are the shizzle my nizzle!

33' Universal Gooseneck Flatbed trailer in Virginia (just the GN trailer....)

33" Universal Gooseneck Flatbed trailer in Virginia - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board

This is a very versatile trailer that I used to haul my Jeep, ATV, Motorcycle and Truck Camper---all at the same time. I am downsizing and getting an enclosed trailer. The trailer deck measures 33' total and is 82" wide. The box on the front takes up 2' so as it sit's it's a 31' deck. The front storage box can be easily removed, it's 4' tall x 82" deep x 2' wide. It's a great place for storage, and it's where I keep the aluminum ramps that will go with the trailer. Everything has been replaced within the past year, led lights, wheel bearings, brakes, wiring and tires and wheels. It comes with an 8 lug full size spare. The trailer has two 7,000 lb axles. Please let me know if you have any questions. You are buying the trailer only, at this time I am not selling the Jeep or the camper. Trailer is located in Fredericksburg, VA
Price is $4500/obo or will consider trades Items I am interested in, enclosed trailer, motorcycle, atv, tools, guns, UTV
Steve
540 226-1580

Bumper pull 37'...

37' flat bed triple axle trailer - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board

Deck is 31' tows great just got back from koh with no problems new wheel bearings and brakes last year just put new decking on before koh trailer works great has room for two rigs plus space for gear or a quad/pit bikes. I need an enclosed $4850.00 obo trailer is in Eugene Or 541-513-2381

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom